1962 Bel Air two door sedan

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Welcome aboard, you've come to the right place :) :) :).

We love pictures, and the stories that come with them. If you need help posting those, just let us know and we'll facilitate.

A few quick questions: Do you already have the 409 engine, and which five speed are you contemplating.? Lots of experience herein, just fire away!

Cheers! TomK

Azgearhed

409 is in the works, likely a Richmond 5 speed as I already have one in another car and it works great. Want to use a 9” rear but I’m not sure how to get to a one piece driveshaft what with the X frame tunnel.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Welcome to 348-409 Azgearhed, as far as going to a one piece drive shaft its not a bad idea but requires extensive frame work.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
FYI.......check to see if your 235 has a remote filter...most did. If yours has it there will be cast iron fitting......2 outlet ports and 1 inlet port.
It's the same as 62-64 fuel fitting for 409 engines!!!!!!! A very expensive piece!!!!!!!

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Welcome to forum....
i have a Richmond 5 speed in my 62 Impala SS 409 convertible - has a Hurst Richmond 5 speed shifter that fits a 62 better than a Long Richmond 5 speed shifter.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Welcome to forum....
i have a Richmond 5 speed in my 62 Impala SS 409 convertible - has a Hurst Richmond 5 speed shifter that fits a 62 better than a Long Richmond 5 speed shifter.

Azgearhed

Thanks for the welcome. The 62 Bel Air construction is underway. I will be using aT56 magnum 6 speed. Should have my 409 in a few weeks (it’s currently stuck in the east coast virus jail). Just received a set of Wilson headers today, waiting on rear suspension stuff from Hotchkis, got a Curry 9 with the 4th control arm bracket. I just started surgery on the frame tunnel- I’m going to wait on finishing the tunnel work until I get my Hotchkis stuff and mount the rear end in the car. Front end is down to bare frame, a arms are powder coated, new springs, master power brakes and an original floor shift column.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
WELCOME!!!!!!
Personal question........is Monty's steak house still in business down by University of Arizona????? I played on a TWA KC softball team and Monty's was our "club house"!!!!!