1962 BelAir Reproduction Seat Upholstery

Junky

Well Known Member
Very surprising.

I have bought interiors for 4-1962 Bubble tops, my 61-9 pass station wagon
the 63 Z-11, the 61 Impala and could not be more pleased.

I would give Gina another chance, tell her I said hello.
Pat Lobb

View attachment 68313View attachment 68314View attachment 68315
Thanks for indulging me regarding a few suppliers.

Gina is great and wants things right.

Mark Wilson who owns Wilson headers has been nothing short of fantastic. We sent headers back and forth several times, Al would take photo, videos, etc and Mark made change after change to get it right.

Show Cars, Bruce is also the same way. He, while handling so many calls of ours, still looks out for us the customer. I may not get the answer I’m looking for immediately, but they do want to do it right.

You may or may not know, Bruce is an absolute genius!!
While working for Brad, lives the winter time in Texas!!!!!!!!

They too want to do it right.

Thanks.

Pat
I agree with Pat... I have never dealt with anyone more accommodating than Gina. I will not hesitate to use Ciadella on my next project

Yes, Gina was very accommodating getting this seat to me quickly, but the service after the sale is lacking. I don't know what more than I can do to convince them to replace just the rear seat cover. It seems like they Gina is deliberately drawing this out, knowing that it is going to cost me a lot of money for their mistake. I still have to pay the shop to remove and reinstall the cover, and also it is going to cost me a lot of my time, plus the cost of returning the seat cover back to them. I am at my wits end, and as much as I would like call her again, I know that it is a waste of time, since she has dug her heals in. It has to be returned before they will do anything for me.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
BEFORE ANYONE GETS ANY IDEAS, I WON't TAKE ON MORE WORK!
I do about 35-40 classic car interior jobs a year. One thing to keep in mind is I (the guy doing the stitching/wrapping) always insure I very carefully inspect what I am given and have a very detailed discussion with the client on what they expect before/during/after the job. I don't want to be the guy that says it but its your upholstery shops duty to point out any issues as soon as they see things don't line up, cover correctly or the quality of the covers is lacking. The supplier doesn't always know unless you tell them and I send covers back all of the time for countless reasons. I was given 3 different generations of seat covers for a mopar, Vette, and C10 blazer last year because the suppliers don't always check what is in the box they have setting on the shelf.. i've dealt with every interior and material supplier there is and for the most part they are doing the best they can.
This thread only caught my eye becase my 64 belairs would cost me $300 per yard (9 passenger wagon alone needs several yards) to get the factory fabric and I laughed out loud to the pour person on the otherside of the phone. Upholstery isnt easy, cheap, or quick.

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
Before I purchased my interior, talked with a local very talented upholstery man who has done Riddler cars. He told me to only buy from Carsinc. That’s what I did and am a happy camper.

Fuzz

MAGA

61-63

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
As far as an emblem type do dads delaminating slightly the arrowheads on the seatbacks of the seats for my '63 Catalina have the same problems. The panels with the arrowheads fixed on them were done by SMS of Oregon. Glued on stuff just does that sometimes.

I wish I had a '62 409 to be messing with seat covers for. :)

Attachments

• 63 bucket seats 1.jpg
    63 bucket seats 1.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 17

Junky

Well Known Member
BEFORE ANYONE GETS ANY IDEAS, I WON't TAKE ON MORE WORK!
I do about 35-40 classic car interior jobs a year. One thing to keep in mind is I (the guy doing the stitching/wrapping) always insure I very carefully inspect what I am given and have a very detailed discussion with the client on what they expect before/during/after the job. I don't want to be the guy that says it but its your upholstery shops duty to point out any issues as soon as they see things don't line up, cover correctly or the quality of the covers is lacking. The supplier doesn't always know unless you tell them and I send covers back all of the time for countless reasons. I was given 3 different generations of seat covers for a mopar, Vette, and C10 blazer last year because the suppliers don't always check what is in the box they have setting on the shelf.. i've dealt with every interior and material supplier there is and for the most part they are doing the best they can.
This thread only caught my eye becase my 64 belairs would cost me $300 per yard (9 passenger wagon alone needs several yards) to get the factory fabric and I laughed out loud to the pour person on the otherside of the phone. Upholstery isnt easy, cheap, or quick.

Does this alleviate them from responsibility to replacing the defective product if it wasn't discovered until after it was installed?

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Previously, I bought two complete interiors for my '56 and '57 Chevys from Ciadella. Both were beautiful. The '56 was slightly custom and the seat covers were perfect. I dealt with Gina which was pure pleasure. So very nice. Her sister Natalie; not so, you can have her. When I initially bought the above interiors, they sent free samples of the material. Just a few samples about the size of a 50 cent piece if I remember correctly. Then came a time when I wanted some samples of '55 Chevy vert material. Made the mistake of talking with Natalie. She wanted $25.00 to send a few samples which could be applied to the purchase price. Got into a pissing match with her. I know what happened. It only takes a few clowns to ruin it for everyone. I'm sure a few wanted samples of any material made by mankind, never buying anything. I told her to take it up with them; not me. I had previously bought 2 interiors and she had the nerve to check my purchasing record and say she only had me down for one purchase. WTF. It only got worse. I bought what I needed elsewhere for $6,000.00 and was very happy with them (CARS). I also bought a '64 SS interior from CARS for $4000.00. They loss alot of money because of Natalie's arrogance. I would never buy from them again. Sad, because they do make a nice product. So, if you order from them and get Nasty Natalie, ask for Gina. You can't go wrong with her, Carmine.

Junky

Well Known Member
I wouldn't say that either of them were nasty, however, they just had their collective heads in the sand, and refused to acknowledge that what was shipped was a poorly manufactured product. Kept saying that they needed to see it back in their shop, and then they would decide. It has been over 6 weeks since they got it back and still not a word from them. I have since ordered a new seat cover from Cars in Michigan. Any company can have an occasional defective product, but it is how you handle the problem is what counts.