1962 BelAir

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Barry and I had a buddy in the 70s with a purple 65 GTO with Purple Haze on the side!

Had a few Pontiac buddies grenade ST10s with just 450-500HP motors. If it has the steel case might last. The low first gear ones like the later 350 Z28s had are pretty weak also-I had one in a 380 HP SBC I autocrossed and it did OK.

El Rat

Well Known Member
Personally I prefer solid colors and almost no lettering but this approach has evolved. Early on I had traditional lettering and my name on the door this evolved into solid colors and no names.
I would paint it black!

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Personally I prefer solid colors and almost no lettering but this approach has evolved. Early on I had traditional lettering and my name on the door this evolved into solid colors and no names.
I would paint it black!
Sure would look good black but a lot of prep work for black. My plan is to do as little as possible to the car other than the drive train, I currently have to many projects going on and I just want to drive and enjoy it. I can put a motor together fairly quick and be driving it in the spring leaving the car the way it is.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Finally brought the BelAir home from where I bought it back in June, the guy I bought it from stored it for me till my buddy got his garage done where I will keep the car. It has to sit in my driveway for about a week and a half till his new driveway is finished. I can't wait to get this thing running as I have decided to keep it just the way it is wheelie bars and all, just slap in a W motor and a 4 speed and start having fun. When I get it to my buddies garage I will get it up on the 2 post lift and get some pics of the bottom.

IMG_6196.JPGIMG_6195.JPG

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Sweet ride Steve, what 4 speed you putting in it? :burnout:drive :impatient:bore3 I guess I’ll gust have to wait for the pics. You can use my garage for a few (4or5) weeks and my Lift. I’m in Columbia not too far away.It’ll be a while before I can use it. Seriously give it some thought.

Last edited:

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Sweet ride Steve, what 4 speed you putting in it? :burnout:drive :impatient:bore3 I guess I’ll gust have to wait for the pics. You can use my garage for a few weeks and my Lift. I’m in Columbia not too far away.It’ll be a while before I can use it. Seriously give it some thought.
Thanks for the offer Tooth, but it should be fine for a week or so in the driveway. As far as a transmission I will be putting a ST10 in it, I know I will have to be easy on it. Those rear slicks are 33 x 15 x 15s on 15" x 15" Cragers wheels, I think I might widen the rear axle a bitt to put 15" x 10" wheels on the rear as that thing looks like a steam roller now. The rear end in the car is a 9" with a Strange center section and 35 spline axles, the car came with another set of Strange 35 spline axles that are the right length for 10" wide wheels. The guy I got the car from would like to get the rear wheels and slicks back as I will be driving this thing on the street.

Last edited:

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Got a love those Cragers! Yeah that would make it a little easier to drive on the street if they weren’t so wide. If something should happen you change your mind let me know. I just have the Beater Nova and the Shop truck inside now That the doctor has shut down all production for four or five weeks. :confused Should be a fun driver, if you put street tires on it you’ll be a lot less likely to tear up your transmission. I have a super T 10 close ratio in my nova. I’ve been pushing it enough to get the front end off the ground but not sure how long it’ll take that? Dave says first gear is going to go. I guess that’s when we go with the G-force clutch shift.:wacko Do you have a super T 10 for it?

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Got a love those Cragers! Yeah that would make it a little easier to drive on the street if they weren’t so wide. If something should happen you change your mind let me know. I just have the Beater Nova and the Shop truck inside now That the doctor has shut down all production for four or five weeks. :confused Should be a fun driver, if you put street tires on it you’ll be a lot less likely to tear up your transmission. I have a super T 10 close ratio in my nova. I’ve been pushing it enough to get the front end off the ground but not sure how long it’ll take that? Dave says first gear is going to go. I guess that’s when we go with the G-force clutch shift.:wacko Do you have a super T 10 for it?
Lol, I figure after I shred this ST10 I will probably be in the market for another G101A.

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Mine is a 6 ring... Maybe if we buy 2- G101A’s at once they’ll be cheaper. LOL? James you in also make it 3?:brow Let’s shoot for a group discount LOL...

Last edited:

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I bought my last one at the PRI show in Indy. They canceled it this year, maybe by next years show Ill be ready and we can go together to the PRI show, Lol.