1962 BelAir

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Thanks for the offer Tooth, but it should be fine for a week or so in the driveway. As far as a transmission I will be putting a ST10 in it, I know I will have to be easy on it. Those rear slicks are 33 x 15 x 15s on 15" x 15" Cragers wheels, I think I might widen the rear axle a bitt to put 15" x 10" wheels on the rear as that thing looks like a steam roller now. The rear end in the car is a 9" with a Strange center section and 35 spline axles, the car came with another set of Strange 35 spline axles that are the right length for 10" wide wheels. The guy I got the car from would like to get the rear wheels and slicks back as I will be driving this thing on the street.
Steam rollers are coooooool......G101A won’t have issues then........!!!!

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
The guy I bought the car from sold the front bumper, I have an extra front bumper with all the brackets but I really like the fiberglass idea wrapped with a chrome wrap. Those steel 62 front bumpers take two men and a gorilla to put on, they are a lot of steel.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Just saw this for the first time. Congrats on the purchase what a bitchin car!! Old enderle hat, too cool:good Looks like a nice job on the cage.
Kevin, I bought this car minus the engine and trans, those first pictures were taken the day I went over to help the previous owner take the engine out. He stored the car for me until he took the transmission out which was just a few weeks ago. Now that the car is in my possession I will get it up on a lift and start sorting it out to put it on the street.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Well I finally got the BelAir over to my buddy's garage and up on the 2 post lift to look things over and found out its a ladder bar setup and not a 4 link. The chassis seems to be pretty well put together with good workmanship. So far I like everything I see about this car and am excited to get it running, here are a few pictures of the underside.

IMG_6350.jpgIMG_6351.jpgIMG_6352.jpegIMG_6353.jpg

Last edited: