1962 BelAir

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I agree with Barry, looks clean. Adjustable shocks! Are you still going to put another 9 inch in it that isn’t as narrow so you don’t have to put on such big steam rollers? Nice clean ride...

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I agree with Barry, looks clean. Adjustable shocks! Are you still going to put another 9 inch in it that isn’t as narrow so you don’t have to put on such big steam rollers? Nice clean ride...
Tooth, my plan is to get it on the rode just as it is, later on I may widen the rear as I have another set of axles. I am hoping I can maybe add onto those axle tubes so I don't have to redo all that bracketry on another housing.

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
James has the bearing flanges and the bar to put through the housing to keep things straight. So when you weld them on they will be square and the axles will slide right in. I’ve used it before! And I’m sure you know what I’m talking about. Makes it really nice when everything is welded up square and your axle slide right in and nothing is wonky!!!!!!! Wonky bad!!!!!! :confused Lol. I saw in a previous post where you had mentioned that and that the guy was wanting the tires and wheels back. Sure would handle on the street a lot nicer with a little bit narrower tire. I’m gonna come by someday for a ride.....:wacko

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
James has the bearing flanges and the bar to put through the housing to keep things straight. So when you weld them on they will be square and the axles will slide right in. I’ve used it before! And I’m sure you know what I’m talking about. Makes it really nice when everything is welded up square and your axle slide right in and nothing is wonky!!!!!!! Wonky bad!!!!!! :confused Lol. I saw in a previous post where you had mentioned that and that the guy was wanting the tires and wheels back. Sure would handle on the street a lot nicer with a little bit narrower tire. I’m gonna come by someday for a ride.....:wacko
I borrowed one of those bars when I narrowed my 9.3 Pontiac in my Nova, it makes the job real simple and right. Your welcome any time, If you want a ride now I will have to push you around the block in it. Lol

Last edited: