1962 Biscayne project

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Man I must have beaten the cr!@p out of those trailing arms and the two "banana bars" with the air chisel :).

I bet I spent four hours and only got one of the eight bushings back in, so I had to "call in the calvary" (James) :) :) :).

He not only showed me the right way to do it, but wielded the hammer himself. My hands are still sore just watching him pound away. Turns out I had distorted the two parallel sides where the bushing is to be pressed, so James had to whack those back into place as he sent the bushings to their final resting place :).

On to the next effort, hanging the rear end back in place!

TomK

Attachments

• 1962 Biscayne.jpg
    1962 Biscayne.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 11

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Man I must have beaten the cr!@p out of those trailing arms and the two "banana bars" with the air chisel :).

I bet I spent four hours and only got one of the eight bushings back in, so I had to "call in the calvary" (James) :) :) :).

He not only showed me the right way to do it, but wielded the hammer himself. My hands are still sore just watching him pound away. Turns out I had distorted the two parallel sides where the bushing is to be pressed, so James had to whack those back into place as he sent the bushings to their final resting place :).

On to the next effort, hanging the rear end back in place!

TomK
Dang, No pictures!!!:D