1962 Chevrolet Bel Air Bubble Top 409/409 HP, 4-Speed 'SOLD' $101,200

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0123-547096/1962-chevrolet-bel-air-bubble-top/
1962 Chevrolet Bel Air Bubble Top | F82.1 | Kissimmee 2023
Auction Lot F82.1, Kissimmee, FL 2023. Finished in Ermine White with Red Interior. Dual quad 409/409 HP V-8 engine. 4-speed manual transmission. Dual exhaust. BF Goodrich 15-inch Silvertown tires. Painted wheels and small hubcaps. E-coat dipped body. Powdercoated frame. Hard-to-find Bubble Top 409/409 package with the 21637 VIN and 1637 trim designations
www.mecum.com

62_Conv_2-4s

Well Known Member
Incorrect radiator, inner fender seals not tucked in looks goofy. Hood hinges wrong color, wrong generator, wrong radiator cap, wrong tachometer. Not to mention the wrong valve covers and air cleaner. No proof of an original 409/409 car. Numbers anybody? For a car that was obviously restored to look original it's amazing how high the price went considering the many incorrect parts that were used. Although I am happy the car brought big money and early 60's Chevrolets continue to be popular among today's buyers, may they be young or old, It saddens me that they have not become educated on what is original and what's not which to me is an important part of this hobby/investment.

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Incorrect radiator, inner fender seals not tucked in looks goofy. Hood hinges wrong color, wrong generator, wrong radiator cap, wrong tachometer. Not to mention the wrong valve covers and air cleaner. No proof of an original 409/409 car. Numbers anybody? For a car that was obviously restored to look original it's amazing how high the price went considering the many incorrect parts that were used. Although I am happy the car brought big money and early 60's Chevrolets continue to be popular among today's buyers, may they be young or old, It saddens me that they have not become educated on what is original and what's not which to me is an important part of this hobby/investment.
Well said :appl