1962 Chevrolet Impala SS (Anniversary Gold)

Carl 1962

Well Known Member

62_Conv_2-4s

Well Known Member
I know of at least 2 1962 Novas that were painted anniversary gold. Both were 2 door hardtops. On the cowl tag where the paint code was supposed to be was the word SPEC. Sorry I do not have any pics. One was up for auction about a year ago but I forgot which auction company it was.

Carl 1962

Well Known Member
I know of at least 2 1962 Novas that were painted anniversary gold. Both were 2 door hardtops. On the cowl tag where the paint code was supposed to be was the word SPEC. Sorry I do not have any pics. One was up for auction about a year ago but I forgot which auction company it was.

I've recorded a SPEC paint code 1962 Nova with original gold paint and it certainly looks like anniversary gold. It was probably a special order for someone important because anniversary gold was only supposed to be ordered by dealers for Impalas, especially after January 5th 62 when any Impala could be painted anniversary gold, not juts sport coupes.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I realize this is an old thread but a neighbor not far from me bought this Impala last year out of Arkansas for 20k. Original interior, motor, p-glide, and 1 repaint. Beautiful car. I think i will try to get a pic of the body tag next time i see him. View attachment 99302View attachment 99303View attachment 99304View attachment 99302View attachment 99303View attachment 99304
That is one beautiful car. Without seeing anymore of it, I think that price was real right, Carmine.

Lt.FrankDrebin

Well Known Member
Speaking of Anniversary Gold, I found this interesting. In my quest to find Anniversary Gold paint in an aerosol for interior pieces of my '58, I discovered that some '67 Ford Mustangs were available with the same Anniversary Gold as used on '62 Impalas. Is it common for different auto makers to use each other's paint colors or does it even happen at all?Anniversary_Gold.jpgmustang.jpg