1962 Chevrolet Impala SS (Anniversary Gold)

Carl 1962

Well Known Member
Thanks for the photos Bob, I don't need the VIN if the owner is ok with you taking a photo of the cowl trim tag.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
That anniversary gold is a very nice color. The previous owner of mine, changed mine from that to Honduras Maroon, which is also nice, but I could have easily lived with the gold. No desire to change it back. When the motor was out, I did the firewall over in the maroon and it looks great, Carmine.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
That's a remarkable pic of that '62 out in the woods like that. Too bad. Wonder if it's salvageable, Carmine.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Quite honestly, there is no reason to put the VIN number out there. The cowl trim tag is enough. There are alot of unscrupulous people among us, Carmine.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Quite honestly, there is no reason to put the VIN number out there. The cowl trim tag is enough. There are alot of unscrupulous people among us, Carmine.
The only reason is to confirm the VIN tag matches the trim tag date info for timing, Carl or Verne would know from their database if the VIN is from the correct month/date to match the trim tag. But you could exclude the last 3 or 4 numbers and it would still work for the confirmation.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
The only reason is to confirm the VIN tag matches the trim tag date info for timing, Carl or Verne would know from their database if the VIN is from the correct month/date to match the trim tag. But you could exclude the last 3 or 4 numbers and it would still work for the confirmation.
OK Don, if you say so, that might be fine. Personally, I still wouldn't expose my VIN to the populace. I've heard some very bad stories about doing this. I read where a guy had a '57 Chev convertible at a car show and had the doors open, displaying how nice it was. Pictures were taken of the car by many. Why not. A beautiful car. Sometime thereafter, this same car showed up for sale on the internet for what was a very fair price. But the owner wasn't selling it. It was one of those unscrupulous people mentioned. Someone took the bait and asked for more pics which were sent to him. Of course, this phony seller had a ton of them. The potential buyer even asked for a pic of the VIN. No problem there either. They apparently negotiated a price and the seller wanted a $10,000.00 down payment sent to him, which was done. The buyer thought he was getting a good deal. The buyer never heard from him again or the car or his money. Did the buyer contribute to this issue?? Of course he did. Big time. Should have seen the car himself or hired an inspection company. This is probably a very rare case, but I'm sure there are others out there just waiting to get sucked into some nonsense. So, my approach is not to reveal more then absolutely necessary. But, that's just me, Carmine.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Carmine, anyone can make up a vin from codes, they don’t need the first bunch of numbers, it’s the last digits that make it unique and if you are not providing a pic, I don’t see a risk.
If someone wants to run a scam and needs a car with a vin pic, just go to eBay, lots there to pick from.

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Carmine, anyone can make up a vin from codes, they don’t need the first bunch of numbers, it’s the last digits that make it unique and if you are not providing a pic, I don’t see a risk.
If someone wants to run a scam and needs a car with a vin pic, just go to eBay, lots there to pick from.
Only way to like this twice is to quote it!!!

Bob A Boey

Here are some pics of the car. Sorry some are so bad the lighting is not too good in the storage area.

Attachments

• '62 Impala SS pics 009.JPG
    '62 Impala SS pics 009.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 34
  • '62 Impala SS pics 010.JPG
    '62 Impala SS pics 010.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 34
  • '62 Impala SS pics 011.JPG
    '62 Impala SS pics 011.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 33
  • '62 Impala SS pics 012.JPG
    '62 Impala SS pics 012.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 34
  • '62 Impala SS pics 013.JPG
    '62 Impala SS pics 013.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 33
  • '62 Impala SS pics 014.JPG
    '62 Impala SS pics 014.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 32
  • '62 Impala SS pics 015.JPG
    '62 Impala SS pics 015.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 33
  • '62 Impala SS pics 016.JPG
    '62 Impala SS pics 016.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 34

James jones

Well Known Member
In 1970 there was a gold 62 on a car lot here in Durham. It was gold with a white interior, 327 in it with 4 speed. I started it up and it sounded good but I was looking for a 409 car. I also checked out a gold 67 impala ss around this time. It was gold with white interior was a hdtp. It had a 427-380 horsepower in it with 4 speed Muncie. It was a beautiful car and just 3 years old but the body style was too bulky for me.

Reactions: 327

Jerry B

Well Known Member
Carl This anniversary gold cowl tag came from a car that was being scrapped around 1985. Thought it might help with your documentation.Cowl Tag 62 Anniv Gold.JPG