1962 Chevrolet Impala SS Convertible 409 on Hemmings

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
ad says..."Engine number was machined off during restoration. Vehicle appraised at $75,000."
:wtf........:confused........:thumbdown

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
It always amazes me that the wrong fan shroud is installed on what appear to be original restorations of 409 cars.
Thats a cut down small block fan shroud or a 64 409 shroud.

For "original restored car" it sure has things wrong.... - steering wheel not two tone, no gasket steering column to dash, no SS emblem on the trunk (as part of factory SS package)....., steering column shaft painted red (should be black)

Paul

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It always amazes me that the wrong fan shroud is installed on what appear to be original restorations of 409 cars.
Thats a cut down small block fan shroud or a 64 409 shroud.

For "original restored car" it sure has things wrong.... - steering wheel not two tone, no gasket steering column to dash, no SS emblem on the trunk (as part of factory SS package)....., steering column shaft painted red (should be black)

Paul

I see people who rebuild an engine or paint the car and call it restored, so it always amazes me what people think the definition of Restored is. I guess it can mean different things to different people though.