1962 Impala Clutch pedal into 1960

bschulze

Well Known Member
Will the clutch pedal and its mechanism from a full size 1962 directly bolt into a 1960? I want to convert from a power glide to a 4-speed and go from 283 to 348. Any comments? thank you. Bob

gearhead409

Well Known Member
bschuize

i guess you could make anything work but the answer to your question is NO. find a complete set-up out of a 59 or 60. it will save you alot of headaches down the road.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Will the clutch pedal and its mechanism from a full size 1962 directly bolt into a 1960? I want to convert from a power glide to a 4-speed and go from 283 to 348. Any comments? thank you. Bob

While the housing shape is different, have you checked to see if the pedals will fit into your orig housing?

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I went thru this awhile back for my 60 and No only a 59 and 60 will work. Find a good set with all of the rods and stuff and it's easy to do.
61 up are totaly different as is 58 and down......

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
61-62 are different

I tried as best I could to fit up a 1961 pedal setup into my 1962, and the result is less than satisfactory. Cecil will confirm that the pedal has a "hitch" in it and is weird to drive. I did get what I believe to be a 1962 setup that I will swap out and see if that improves the pedal travel.

As mentioned, I'd stick with what was stock for that year, in your case 1959-60.

Good luck!

TomK

roger gunter

Supporting Member 1
I installed a 62 unit in the 61
BAD MOVE
have had problems ever since
TOm if you get your 62 installed and want to sell the 61 pedals etc. let me know
Might be interested in buying it
thanks
roger