1962 Impala Question- "SS Side Body Molding"

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
The bracket is held on with 2 philips screws so that they screw to the bracket itself(no nuts on the bracket).
Your bracket should have threads in it. Does it have two small screw size holes in it?
Paul

Impalabricker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yes it does have the 2 small screw holes in it and it is indeed threaded "I overlooked that yesterday". I guess I was thrown off at the size of the bracket for such a small task of merely providing a hole for the end of the bar to sit in. Im just making sure all my ducks are in a row before I make a hole that cant be repaired if done wrong. Maybe Im overthinking it. This seems to be the hardest part of the whole SS conversion. Thanks for seeing me through!

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
The grab bar will cover the hole you make and even if you have to make it slightly larger, the chrome portion of the grab bar will cover it. The template I sent to you will assure this. The grab bar bracket behind the dash section only goes one way -the upper flat section with the round hole and two screw holes goes against the back side of the dash metal.
Paul