1962 Maine Antique Plate

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Didn't know anyone had them in 1962. What's it worth?

A good metal guy could make it a 409? Don

402342149.jpg

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
Don, I live in Maine AND have an antique 1962 Impala, so, I guess it might be worth whatever I would pay for it! :D I assume you only have the single plate? What are you looking to get? Thanks, Kevin.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I was thinking parts for a 62 might be a fair trade. Any guesses on how rare these are, just out of curiosity, not to make it more valuable.

Don

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
I always see boxes full of them at swap meets but they are usually older ones. The Maine plates were yellow for awhile but I think that was in the later 60's into the early 70's maybe.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Are the ones with "Antique Auto" on them common? I've not seen them here that early, I have a 69 Nova Scotia one.

Don

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
I don't know, I never really payed attention to the antique designation. It must have been someone working for the state of Maine that was ahead of the curve thinking up new ways to make more money.

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
Interesting stats. The 62 one year only plate would actually had to have been used on a 1942 or 1937 vehicle depending on whether they had to be 20 or 25 years old at the time to register them as antiques. To be correct a 62 plate on a 62 vehicle would have to be a regular non antique auto plate.