1962 SS 2-door Hardtop interior kit?

denson1932

Well Known Member
My friend in Phillip SD has the body professionally painted ready to bring home now he is asking me to help to select a red vinyl interior kit. Unfortunately he has no door panels to get the top metal rails out of, also he missing the drivers side rear 'armrest' panel and 1/4 interior window panel. So he only has 2 out of 6.
Are there any suppliers of complete interior kits that make the top rails so that they can sell us fully assembled (all 6 panels)?
I told him to try to get a solid red carpet not a salt & pepper carpet because it will really look good!

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Rear armrests the same 61-64?

Top rails the same on any car with the 62 Impala style roof- pontiac, olds, buick, etc. up to 64?

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I have extra metal rear arm rests for 62-64 Hardtop and rear 1/4 62 Impala 2 door hardtop top rails.
Your car is a 62 bubble top, the top rails for the RR interior 1/4 panels are different.
I have front door metal top rails that are the same on any 62 2 door hardtop or 62 bubble top

Tommy is right Ciadella has reproduction 62 belair bubble top interior metal top rails.
I think my Impala 2 door hardtop extra rear arm rests might fit a Belair but I am not sure. Do you have a picture of the one
metal arm rest that you have??

I would call them and ask for the interior person in charge of their assembled door panel kit. The kit comes with the rear arm rest covers that must be installed along with the windlace (to staple to the rear of the door edge and sewed to the front kick panel metal painted rails (matching the dash color) - see the pictures of a red original front kick panel windlace and 2 restored blue ones with the windlace sewed to the kick panel holders.

The best is assembled door panels with metal edges and the original nails and original metal top rails -but they make
repro ones and to my knowledge they fit vs other that make metal top rails

Here is the link to Ciadella -excellent company.
http://www.ciadellainteriors.com/products.php

Paul Stensland
DSCN4667 -#1.jpg DSCN4668 -#1.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN4671 -#1.jpg
    DSCN4671 -#1.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 0

denson1932

Well Known Member
Yea we need these parts for my buddy in Phillip SD who is building a 1962 Impala 2 door hardtop as a SS hardtop...so not needing any bubbletop parts....luckily I was able to modify rear 1/4 window panels to work with my 'BelPala'.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
PM set on the parts.

I have 2 red Impala interior Impalas with new interiors -one SS and one Hardtop -do you need pictures, both have red carpet