1963 425 impala,need some help ID'ing this car

cameron

hey guys,new to the forum, cameron here from so cal....I just found a car for sale, its a 63 hardtop 4 speed 425 white impala, came from Kansas area originally, was an old race car named "why me" on the drivers side in big letters, was raced for years then parked in a barn, anybody ever seen an old pic of it? trying to get some info to ID the car and find some info if its real or not....thanks,cameron...

Attachments

• photo (8).JPG
    photo (8).JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 113

cameron

and it has a big blue bowtie chevy painted on the doors and dougs headers and High Plains speed shop on the rear quarters...super low miles he says too...

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Sounds like a neat car!!! I Googled the speed shop and nothing came up. I"ll make a call for you tomorrow.

cameron

ok posted a pic, you can see she's in bad shape, idiots radiused the rear fenders and cut the hood, but its low miles and original paint and lettering from the early 60s....425 is complete,doesn't look rusty,motor and trans is apart and all in pieces, what would you say its worth honestly? he doesnt seem to think its the original motor,but period correct stuff....thanks,cam

cameron

who is the resident 09 nostalgia picture collector around? wondering if we can find some old pics of this car and find some history?

cameron

hey guys going up to check out this car again soon, how does one ID a real 409 car? he says he has a 425hp motor and trans for the car but he doesnt think its the original motor,sorry for resurecting an old thread, been a busy guy...thanks,cam

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
the Vin number should be stamped on the engine block ( although this can be copied across)
1/4" return fuel line, 6000rpm redline tach
I am sure others more knowledgeable than me will chime in

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
6000RPM tach for 340HP...............400 and 425HP engines had 7000RPM tach.