1963 Belair side trim for both sides needed for a friend

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
To bad it’s not the Biscayne moldings my buddy Bob has two sets. The Belair ones are very hard to find!!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
The hardest of all 63 side moldings to find. Side moldings for 62 and 64 were up high. With the 63 Belair and Impala on the widest part of the body, took all the door dings on the molding, not the sheet metal. Not that many 2-door Belairs were built....hence.. not a lot of cores are available!!!!
My guess....mint set of originals could run $1500 to $2000.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Nos quarter molding bel air on e bay now at $695.00. There was a 63 impala 409 4 speed black ,black interior 2 dr ht for sale on a search tempest that had the bel air molding's on it . Of course it wasn't cheap,thought it was odd to see those moulding's that some one put on Impala.

62BillT

Well Known Member
I've got some 4-Dr ones available, but like Phil has stated, 2-Dr B/A Moldings are pretty hard to find.

Even good repairables are hard to find.

Mr Goodwrench

Well Known Member
I have 63 trim, not sure if any of its what you want

Attachments

• IMG_0244.JPG
    IMG_0244.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0246.JPG
    IMG_0246.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0248.JPG
    IMG_0248.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0249.JPG
    IMG_0249.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0250.JPG
    IMG_0250.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0251.JPG
    IMG_0251.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0256.JPG
    IMG_0256.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 28

18htan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I am chasing a full set of side trim to suit a 63 4 door Belair.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Cayneman

Well Known Member
After almost 60 years of parking lot dings my 63 Belair side trim was beat up badly. Replacements are almost non existent. I've thought about air brushing the trim on. Some air brushing I've seen looks a lot better then the beat up trim.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
After almost 60 years of parking lot dings my 63 Belair side trim was beat up badly. Replacements are almost non existent. I've thought about air brushing the trim on. Some air brushing I've seen looks a lot better then the beat up trim.
So take it off and get redone.

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
If anybody has the side trim for a 1963 2 door Bel air let me know. Don Kieliszek is building a 409 4 speed car to run with us, he's been to most of our races as a spectator even Great Bend.

Bryan,

Southeast chevy parts out of Florida repops 63 Bel Air 2-door side moldings, in stainless. Set includes all 6 pieces. I bought a set from them a few months ago. Haven’t put them on the car yet but they are very, very nice. Quality looks excellent. A set is about 1400 bucks but I thought that was pretty darn reasonable, condsidering. When I last talked to Danny Howell on the phone he only had two sets left. He told me after he had the tooling finalized he made a run of 50 sets. Since the first run of 50 sold very well, he told me another run of 50 was in the works. This was in December last year. It was fun to talk to him on the phone, great guy. They have great customer service there also. Check em out.

http://www.southeastchevyparts.com/...or-Sedan-Side-Molding-Complete-Set_p_310.html