1963 Impala drag/gasser/jr stock

jsmay

Well Known Member
Hey guys, it's been a while...lol! Anyway I finally popped on this 1963 impala I've known about for about 6yrs. It's and drag car..dual purpose I guess race on Saturday, drive to work on Monday type thing. It's last reg is from 75'. The paint is faded but its super solid! Interior is a little worn but it's got a 327/open headers/dash tach/p-case and dried up vintage M&H Race Masters on reversed steelie wheels...tow tabs and the tow bar! Wish I had more history but I plan to restore it to former glory plus take it a little further(period correct of course).

Trying to load photos but doesn't seem to like me...lol

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Was this the green 63' in New York?? If it is its been on Craig's list forever,I believe its an automatic car,with an incredible body on it..CONGRADULATIONS!!! and glad to hear you got it ,so you will be able to get it back to its old glory,and glad one of the group was able to get it.. John:dance

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Dude that thing is bitchin! Leave it just as it is (or close to it) and drive it! Cops prolly want mufflers tho...Very cool ride:beer

What are your plans for it?

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Congratulations on a solid car. A friend had one in high school with a 400 small block in it. Non SS with the factory tach. Looked just like that down to the faded paint and all except no tow tabs and it had a two tone blue & white vinyl interior. He eventually totally ragged it out. Jacked it up with air shocks on top of deep dish wheels that stuck out and scrubbed the quarters until they were all bent up. Put dents in most of the panels from drinking & driving. Such a waste, but I think someone ended up buying and saving it. He did the same thing to a gorgeous 64 Fairlane (always liked the way there body line down the side resembles a 61 chevy) and his mom's 67 mustang. They got smart and wouldn't let him near their corvette.

jsmay

Well Known Member
Yeah I'm gonna build an exhaust but also have the option of open a headers. Basically just go through the brake and is like to clean the frame and paint it. Clean up the interior. Maybe add a 4 speed. Leave the paint.

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thats the car.Thought it was green,but obviously that is the car I was talking about.I must have looked at that car a 100 times on Craig's list.Great find !! Congradulations!!!

jsmay

Well Known Member
The guy that had it has owned for probably 10yrs and has kept it a storage unit. I called him about every 6 months just to make sure he still had it.. What do you think of that scary ass tow bar!

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Whats the 327 out of? Does it have any hot rod stuff on it besides headers? Maybe it's got some ridiculous 60's gears in it, like 5.13's or something...

jsmay

Well Known Member
I hope it has crazy gears, it has a 65' 327... A high rise single plane intake... Old sw oil gauge. Gonna jack it up and roll the tire to count how many times the drive shaft spins on one full turn of the tire.... Hoping for at least 4:10!

Thanks guys