1963 Impala drag/gasser/jr stock

pjnewlin

Supporting Member 1
You can source period correct cheater slicks on Ebay for a good price if you keep your eyes open. They repop the M&H Race Masters as well and they are less expensive than the Hurst Cheaters which is not saying alot.

Anyone have any M&H race masters cheap :)

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I hear ya. 2 boys & 2 girls here.....plus 3 step-daughters. Mine are getting about to the age where they are going to want a car soon......so they are going to have to help me work on them. LOL

OR, you will have to sell your car , and all your part's :think:dunno 7 CAR'S wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
OR, you will have to sell your car , and all your part's :think:dunno 7 CAR'S wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I don't have 7 cars that are operational / nice. The 61 SW and the 62 Bel Air both need a lot of work and are just project cars. The 64 I do plan on selling. It's even listed on here right now.
After I made my signature a few weeks ago, I think it might be a little too much/gaudy. I haven't been able to figure out how I got to it to make it smaller.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Well I don't have 7 cars that are operational / nice. The 61 SW and the 62 Bel Air both need a lot of work and are just project cars. The 64 I do plan on selling. It's even listed on here right now.
After I made my signature a few weeks ago, I think it might be a little too much/gaudy. I haven't been able to figure out how I got to it to make it smaller.
Heck no we want it bigger , you say body wise it's worse than 64, ????????????????

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Yes the 64 has a very solid quarters, doors and fenders. The RH fender needs a small patch, but that's about it. The floors are starting to get some rust though. The car was lowered at some point in time and that isn't helping things.

As far as the signature getting bigger..... when I went to pick up my 409 block yesterday (STILL CAN'T BELIEVE I FINALLY HAVE ONE!!!) the seller had a lot of nice cars including a 61 Impala bubbletop "parts car". It had rotten floors, trunk, the lip all the way around the trunk, and who know what all else, but the glass, quarters, doors, and roof looked decent. He said he'll talk to his father who owns it and see if he'll sell and that he thinks he'll let it go for about $800. It's too far gone for me to make nice, but it would make a cheap / fun drag car with some sheetmetal floor pans and trunk pans (not replacement parts....just flat sheetmetal to keep it simple/cheap) and some lightweight pin-on fiberglass parts. I can't get it right now if he will sell it, but I'm still excited about it.

409fanatic

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Things don't get much better. We all would love to have that one sitting in our garage. Looks straight.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
How old are your 3 little boys? Hopefully they are young enough to "fall in love with" your 63 project and enjoy the time spent working on it and playing with it with their daddy. Once they hit those teenage years it's tough to get them started unless you tell them they can have the car. LOL

jsmay

Well Known Member
Mine are 12-8-5. My 8 yr old is the one that I think will follow into the sickness. He and I are gonna restore a 58' wheel horse rj this winter. He loves old tractors and he wanted one so.....it's a beginning.

jsmay

Well Known Member
Hey guys, it's been a while. Car is still safely stored in my dads shop. Hoping to get it on the road by summer. I did speak to the guy that built and raced the car! It's pretty awesome to hear the guy tell me about it.. The best is that the motor is pretty fresh and the p/g has a shift kit..it used to have a converter too but he sold that when he parked the car. He raced in the stock auto class. So the motor has 10:1 pistons, but it does have a crane cam with the highest performance lift and duration allowed in the stock class. The gears are 4:56's.. Ran 14:90's consistently. He told me the car used to lift really good because it has 90/10's in the front! Well I told him i will stop over with the car in the summer. He only lives 30-40min away.