1963 Impala drag/gasser/jr stock

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Jason, great looking 63 and trust that you are going to keep the ol pantina look. Way kewl :dance
Gav

No409

Supporting Member 1
dude, awesome score! love it! looks like the 63 409 car we just pulled out of TX

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
it's got 283 emblem's on fender's ,but a factory tach, i am thinking tach's came standard with 300 horse 327 engine's and all 409's ,maybe someone special ordered tach or someone put tach in

jsmay

Well Known Member
Tach was def added.. Yes 283/glide car. Now has 65' hi-perf 327... No clue on if and what is done to the glide. Does have a p-case though.....

jsmay

Well Known Member
Got a few minutes tonight.. Front brakes are all new guts.. And put the rear in the air. I marked the tire, driveshaft. Almost 5 full spins! Def 4:88's in a factory P-case! Stoked!!!!

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I gave my GM 4.88's (in a non p-case, but supposedly an original '60 center section) hell with a mild 468, 10.5" slicks, 2800 stall for several years in the 1/8 mile and on the street....it never broke. I finally retired it for a spooled 12 bolt. That chunk might last you a long time. That 327 will love that gear too.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I have 63 /64 mint restored clutch and brake pedals and rod through the firewall, maybe more items don't remember.
Send me a message and I can send pictures to your e-mail.

If the fuel line runs around the shock tower - 327 or 409 original but the 283 fender tags don't fit a tach.
Paul

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I hear ya. 2 boys & 2 girls here.....plus 3 step-daughters. Mine are getting about to the age where they are going to want a car soon......so they are going to have to help me work on them. LOL

No409

Supporting Member 1
I just got one daughter 2 1/2, and when shes asked what kind of race car daddy has, her reply is " a 4-speed" gonna raise her right!