1963 Impala SS Convertible home finally

Deadwolf

Well Known Member
Over the 4th of July I finally went out to Nevada and picked her up. She has been sitting for 20+ years in my dads garage. It was originally a Wisconsin car that went to Pennsylvania before going to Nevada and sitting. Now she sits in Michigan where I hope to get to work on her. Looks like new rockers and floor pans are the first order of business. Trunk feels and looks solid as does the front sheet metal. Hood and trunk lips have a little lip rot. Quarter panels had partials installed in the past and I will be interested to see what it looks like when the car is stripped of paint.

Attachments

• IMG_1244.jpg
    IMG_1244.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1245.jpg
    IMG_1245.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1254.jpg
    IMG_1254.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1257.jpg
    IMG_1257.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 43

Deadwolf

Well Known Member
If it's free it's me!!!!:crazy Maybe???????? Is your dad still active in his shop???? Look' s like nice shop.

Shop was built to work on the car, but it turned into a place for the car to sit in a corner and things pile up on it. My dad was never that big into working on cars, just liked to drive them. My grandfather was the one that did all the work on cars. Was a GM mechanic for 35 years after a divorce forced him to sell his own garage.

New home isn't anything close to as good, but hopefully she will finally get some attention. Planning on stripping the interior once all the dang summer trips and BS get over with.