1963 Sport coupe interchange with Sport Sedan

Deadwolf

Well Known Member
Looking to figure out what trim will cross over between a 1963 2 door sport coupe and a 1963 4 door sport Sedan as I am looking into doing a body swap from a sport sedan to sport Couple and trying to figure out what all I need. Are the front and rear windows the same and do they share trim? Does the headliner trim interchange? I believe the front door arm rests are the same, but I think anything else with the doors don't interchange. The dash is definitely the same. Seats themselves don't interchange, but front bench seat trim is the same. Any help is appreciated.

62BillT

Well Known Member
Most of what you listed won't be the same. The book says the Windshields are different, therefore the Trim will be different. Back Glass is very different. Basically speaking, the Front Clip, Trunk Lid,, Rear Trim, Bumpers, Dash and Front Seat Trim as you have mentioned will be the same, but not much else.

Brian64SS

Well Known Member
62BillT is correct. Nothing from the greenhouse of the 4-door hardtop will interchange with the 2-door hardtop. The vent windows look similar but are different. Of course the 4-door is yours to do with as you choose but I hope you keep it together.

Deadwolf

Well Known Member
I've got a 2 door hardtop shell with a lot better sheet metal going into the build. Ultimately you never get more out of a car you restore than you put into it, but the loss on a 2-door is less than that of a 4-door. Also I'm stripping the AC out of the 4 door for my convertible, so that would leave me with holes in the dash and the body shop might want parts of the sheet metal from the 4 door cowl or dash to put on the convertible to make sure all the AC stuff will fit. Almost all the parts for a 2 door are re-manufactured while that is not the case for the 4-door. Another reason is the hard top is going more Street and Strip style car. I would have loved to start with a 2-door, but you can't get a 1963 2 door hardtop that isn't a basket case for under 4 grand now days. I'm now about 2 grand into the car and I technically have everything I need to put it together with the exception of a couple interior pieces, exterior side trim, and correct seats. The seats are the only thing they don't re-manufacture, but it may not get stock seats as the needs for a street and strip car are different.