1963 Wiring Suggestion Help Please

Donny Hammond

Well Known Member
Maybe the humidity in good old Georgia but all the harnesses that old have corroded under the insulation.....Donny

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
I worked in a dealership , and had seen wiring have green corrosion in some spot's and insulation looked good, but would not ohm test correct.You could pull on the insulation and pull it apart. Some car's were not even 5 year's old . Once you have a pin hole in insulation it will corrode. S o 50 year old wiring , need's to be trashed!!!!:cuss. I have to agree with Phil on this one!!!!:beer:beer

Last edited:

Stormed_Norm

Well Known Member
I redid my Biscayne with a new harness as the old one was well, cut spliced ad corroded. I figured for a couple hundred dollars I could have one less thing to worry bout. 3 evenings later it was done and never touched it yet. Also when ding a harness, I don't use electrical tale, I use zip ties. Tape will get all gooey from the heat. Shrink tube is another plus item.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
That's why all auto makers use the non-sticky harness wrap tape, not electrical tape.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Hey cecil, speaking of wiring, seem's like i remember you had trouble with your landing gear in your first flight in 12 year's posting, was it that old faulty wiring, or the LG switch?????;);) :laugh:laugh

Last edited: