1965 Biscayne. 3rd times charm?

4speedman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Not sure, I ran custom made 1 3/4" headers for 65 right hand drive. Pretty rough but they

worked OK.View attachment 90515.

i put together a set 1 7/8th inch inside the frame headers for a 34 chevy coupe and they look a lot like the ones you have pictured and as you say they seem to work ok but want win any points in a car show..I knew i would have to change the flange but i was trying find a set that would somewhat close and i tryed small block big block and a set of mopar 440 headers with no luck so i bought a set of weld up headers from jegs and spent a lot of time putting them together i don't want to do that again.

Last edited:

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I only have 2 now. Had 2 others. I guess I like 65 too. Always wanted a caprice with a 396. I'd like one in evening orchid.
Biscayne got some paint. not perfect but better than it was. I can start the assembly.:woohoo:pepper

Attachments

• image_2021-02-27_181113.jpeg
    image_2021-02-27_181113.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 32

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I ran into 2 concerns. Look at how much toe out I have. Yes it should get better with weight, but thats a lot! I put everything bakck the wayt it was / is on my other 65. Do you think it will fix its self?:dunno2:confused

Second I was indicating my lakewood bell and @#$&*@ every time i moved the pins the change was way off. checked at 12 3 6 9. 6 checks 6 different results. :wtf Think i will check the consintricity of the hole. Any ideas how many thou out can I be?

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Nice job.I see you have a helper in the background.Mans best friend.:good

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Nice job.I see you have a helper in the background.Mans best friend.:good
Yea, Hudson always wants to go out but he never hangs around long, roamer.

Think I got the bell lined up. I just hope the tires straighten up when it squats.:confused

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Yea, Hudson always wants to go out but he never hangs around long, roamer.

Think I got the bell lined up. I just hope the tires straighten up when it squats.:confused
If you reinstalled tie rod lenghts back as they were will be ok. But it is hard to know where caster and camber setting where, and they play a big part in where toe ends up at . All camber ,caster angles have to be set before toe is set. You will have to adjust those angles once all weight is back on front. If not that way then just let alignment shop do it if you can't get it close to get it to them. Did you change any components like gear box,ect???

Bungy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
SSpev, could you possibly post a pic of the trim tag on your 65?

Reactions: 327

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Bungy, If I remember:dunno:scratch:wacko Just wondering why? I can tell you it was a tan on tan 327 3 spd. I have the build sheet too.

Bungy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Wondering the build date and if your speedo cable comes out on the passenger side of the brake MC or drivers side. I thought it was an original 409 4spd car. Trying to figure out when they switched fron drivers side speedo to passenger on the 4speeds.

55Brodie

Well Known Member
Wondering the build date and if your speedo cable comes out on the passenger side of the brake MC or drivers side. I thought it was an original 409 4spd car. Trying to figure out when they switched fron drivers side speedo to passenger on the 4speeds.
1967 for sure, maybe 1966, too.

Bungy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
1967 for sure, maybe 1966, too.
It was sometime in 65. I have been told by Muncie "experts" that it was Feb-Mar 65 but I'm finding cars that are supposedly original with passenger speedos built in Jan 65 and even Dec 64.