1965 Impala SS 409 Convertible Evening Orchid

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
My Aunt had a 65 4dr hardtop in that color after a few years she got tired of it and had it painted Crokus Yellow by Earl Scheib I'am sure many of you remember Earl Scheib you got what you paid for I think $39.95 for a complete paint job :confused

Last edited:

Junky

Well Known Member
My Aunt had a 65 4dr hardtop in that color after a few years she got tired of it and had it painted Crokus Yellow by Earl Shieb I'am sure many of you remember Earl Shieb you got what you paid for I think $39.95 for a complete paint job :confused

“Hi, my name is Earl Scheib and I will paint any car for $29.95.”

Yup... Earl Sheib perfected the cheap paint job, the changed the belief that a new paint job added value to the car. They were also good at painting the door jams, windlace, and seat covers. You just had to drive under 30 MPH for a month for fear that the wind velocity would peal the fresh paint off of the body.

bobs409

Administrator
And cheaper for 1962:

c38c0c085dc2eabb1da78b14a004c3f5.jpg

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well, he did say it was "almost" stock, not completely so hopefully we can give him a break. I have recently thought about putting the 400 hp air cleaner on mine, just haven't pulled the trigger. After all, I am pretty sure mine makes more than 340 and they don't make a specific air cleaner for it :D

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
Welcome to the forum. When in high school, working at Phillips 66 station, mechanic bought one this color - 283 - auto. Another guy working there really liked color and 6 weeks later he had an orchid SS 396 four speed and posi. :good

Fuzz

MAGA

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Welcome to the ZOO Chris, Wow thats a sharp looking car and its got a 409 in it! You will enjoy this site as there isn't anything that you won't get an answer on here, this is the largest collection of knowledge on W engines and the cars they came in.