1965 SS Nationals York, PA.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I have just found 40 slides I didn't remember having and most are of the 1965 SS Nationals at York. I will load the pictures on the new nostalgia site a few of us have recently joined but. I Would like to know whose car this is. Anybody recognize it? I don't have a side view of the car. Wally were you there????
robert.

Attachments

• 128037-R1-04-4.jpg
    128037-R1-04-4.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 109

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I have just found 40 slides I didn't remember having and most are of the 1965 SS Nationals at York. I will load the pictures on the new nostalgia site a few of us have recently joined but. I Would like to know whose car this is. Anybody recognize it? I don't have a side view of the car. Wally were you there????
robert.

WOW Robert, I love it. For sure I don't know who's car it is but I love the two coils/two ballast resisters!

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Robert, What a find!!! 40 slides, make sure you go through them before you post any.:doh
We all must have pics of the good old days.How about we go looking and see what we come up with.:cool: Could you pass on the info about this Nostalgia site you are talking about? Butch:cheers

DIV1RACER-2

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
2 coils , must have had a Ducoil dist . How about no fenderwells & E-series afb carbs.

Who had a AF/X car that was Maroon ! ....... :dunno

Great stuff Robert !! :clap:clap

I was at the 1970 Super Stock Nationals & many later ones ! :brow

Just noticed the firewall cut out & the small block shroud , appearently the motor was move back quite a bit !!!

Speed

Supporting Member 1
robert.

www.wallybell.com

bee on video '65 S/S Nationals .......great stuff

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Wally let me have your e-mail and I will send all of the photos to you. I didn't realize you were there also but I should have known:bow:bow
robert

Race Artist

Well Known Member
Z-11 engine shot

Great shot ... a bit of hard to find history. That is the engine in the late Ken Poffenberger's Van Iderstine Speed Shop sponsored '65 Chevelle. The car was candy red with white lettering. "Poff" later went on to a blown rat motor and a series of funny cars and even later involved in dirt track modified racing in the NY-NJ-PA region.
Joel

robert.