1965 Stock Eliminator

hrlykngt

Well Known Member
This is a pic of my father on left Tommy Smith (mechanic) and Ken Brown on right (owner and driver and mechanic) on tires. This was taken in 1965 the car was the Stock Eliminator winner at the Andalusia,Alabama Dragway for that year. The car was an origonal 380/409 which was replaced with to race a 63 /425 motor. It was a very successful car in B and C stock classes as well as heads up racing. Notice the tow bar on front being pulled by a 57 2dr hdtp, The T-bird script on the rear roof post,hood raised up in rear, nose up rear down setup, and the recapped truck slicks they are sitting on. In 1966 this car was swapped for the 61 in the following pics also using the same motor. Running very sucessful as well.

HARLEY
:cool:

Attachments

• resize daddy kenneth 62.jpg
    resize daddy kenneth 62.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 434

hrlykngt

Well Known Member
61/409 car

this is a pic of the 61 in 1966 with the motor from the 62 and its towcar, 283 powered.

Attachments

• 61_409_drag_car_1966_2.jpg
    61_409_drag_car_1966_2.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 395

hrlykngt

Well Known Member
55 409 powered round track car

Here is a pic of a 55 car that was raced for awhile with a 409, they had to beat firewall back a little and beat some clearance into frame for fuel pump. Dont have a pic of motor. sorry.

Attachments

• 55car silver resize.jpg
    55car silver resize.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 239

Gerry

Supporting Member 1
61 pictures

hrlykngt,

Love those pics of the 61 drag car. If you have any more please post.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Tow car.

Harley, In your first post, I belive that tow car too be a 1956 Chevy???? Cool pics, show us more!
:confused:

bobs409

Administrator
Yep, I agree, it's a 56.

Boy, those old pics... It just looked like a simpler more carefree time. Even the air looks better. (cleaner) :D

hrlykngt

Well Known Member
re

Thanks for the comments they were surely beautiful cars , one can see why I grew up with the old impala 409 bug.

I think as daddy remembered the car was a 57 2 door not necessarilly a belair but a 210 or something like that with different trim. It was the first race carwith a souped up 283, later it was converted to tow car status when they got the 409/62. Dontcha love the pretty green 61 pulling the white 61 both of them in mint shape,oh to have them now like that.
Sorry I dont have any more pics or I havent found any so far still looking for some more and trying to get up with the guy daddy raced with to see if he has any.

HARLEY