1986 F150 What Did I Get Myself Into

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Sorry, I forgot to update this thread. After the third O2 sensor, still was not right but showed the sensor was reading until the second heat cycle. After the second heat cycle, it showed O2 sensor disconnected again. Talked to Holley tech, now they asked for data logging. I figured out how to run the data logger, quite simple, and as soon as i turned the logger on, the O2 sensor started reading and the engine started running like crap and wouldn't idle. O2 reading was extremely erratic. Talked to Holley and sent data logs. They sent me a new throttle body kit. Replaced it and it runs fine now. My buddy picked the truck up with his trailer as it is not road worthy yet. He messaged me two days later, figured it was screwed up again, but he was just letting me know that the sunroof blew out of the truck on his way home. Apparently, the body shop that repainted the truck and never aligned any of the new panels (another story of his), didn't fasten the sunroof in properly.

wristpin

Well Known Member
Sounds like your buddy needs to get the 19 piece bucket from KFC and do a Voodoo chicken bones around a campfire dance to cleanse evil spirits