2 door hardtop 1960 Impala trunk rear trim? Fit from any other body style?

brushwolf

Well Known Member
Wondering if 4 door stainless trim fits also, or only 2 door hardtop. AFAIK the trunk lid itself is a 2 dr http only item and wondering if that exclusivity extends to rear stainless on trunk lid left and right side? I am missing the left side but have both sides still on a Bel Air 4 door. Only have the 4 door car here right now and the hardtop is 140 miles away, or I could compare them myself. Guessing someone here already knows though..

Thanks, Mike

brushwolf

Well Known Member
It's this missing piece here. I have another straight 2 door hardtop trunk lid, but it doesn't have the driver side rear stainless V shaped piece you can see missing in the photo either..IMG_0610.JPG

brushwolf

Well Known Member
Same question regarding the center section of trim on the trunk lid.. Does a 4 door BelAir or Impala piece fit on a 2 door hardtop?

Thanks, Mike

brushwolf

Well Known Member
Good news... My $200 mouse-infested 4 door BelAir parts car purchased years ago in the event I ever got another 2 dr hdtp is looking better and better all the time.. Nice gauges, headlight trim, bumpers, steering and suspension parts and now the trunk lid trim too.. it's a good day..

Thanks for the info.

Mike

brushwolf

Well Known Member
I got it with no motor or trans, though there were some rams horn type exhaust manifolds in the trunk. Wasn't sure if those were just tossed in there from a swapped-in motor somewhere along the line, or what.

Grill emblem indicates originally a 6 cylinder? Would an 8 have bolted to the taller 6 motor mount pedestals on frame side? My hardtop still has its 6 and stick, just waiting for spring so I can bring it home and pull that.

Reproduction motor mount towers look chintzy in pics, so will have to find an original 8 cyl set or modify the 6 cyl pedestals I have.. Assuming my hardtop frame has the same holes on frame.. Which bolt holes on the frame are the 8 cyl mounts located on? ........
IMG_2039.JPGIMG_2042.JPGIMG_2009.JPGIMG_2046.JPGIMG_2021.JPG

Although it was at least a decade ago I bought, it had a valid title too and with a lien on it which had been cleared by the bank. So, somebody was borrowing money on this well past its expiration date I think..

62BillT

Well Known Member
Right, Grille Emblem designates 6 Cylinder.

If those Frame Mounts are in the '60, it looks like someone put '65-'70 Mounts in there.

brushwolf

Well Known Member
Those are in the parts car. Somebody put some work in the car at one time, but it was kind of amateurish. Rockers, floors and trunk were surprisingly decent for a MN car though..