2 "P" case posi's

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hi everyone. It's time that I start to get rid of some stuff. I don't want to leave if for someone else someday. So, here is what I have.

1-1964 Chevy 327/250 intake manifold, heads and 4gc carb. These items came on my '64 SS. I converted that motor over to the 327/300, so these parts are left over. I ran them for about 6 months or so, before doing the conversion. Had no problem with them. Not sure what they might be worth. I would consider any/all offers.

2-A "P" case posi with 3.70 gears. The number on it is 3789812 and coded K-3-6 which I believe is Nov. 3rd 1960. Correct me if I'm wrong. This rear came with my '62 Impala and I only drove it for a short time. Had no problems with it. Replaced it because it was too much gear for me. The ring teeth are nice and square. This is a good rear.

3-A "P" case posi with 4.11 gears. The number on it is 3743833 and coded C-21-0 which I believe is March 21st 1960. Again, correct me if I'm wrong. I bought this rear from Phoenix, Arizona about 11 years ago. I just had to have it. Why, I don't know because I never installed it in anything. It appears to be in nice shape. Tight. The ring teeth are nice and square.

I don't know what these might be worth. I'm not looking to buy a condo in Florida with the money. I did look on ebay and there are 2 "P" case posi's, one is a 3.36 and the other a 3.70. They are asking $1000.00 each which I think is ridiculous. I know I wouldn't pay it. Tomorrow, I can try and post some pics. I would listen to any and all offers, but please remember, these things are heavy. I think they weigh about 80 lbs. If anyone knows for sure, please advise. To give you an idea on shipping, from Arizona to NY, 11 years ago, I do believe it was about $100.00; maybe $120.00. I just don't remember exactly. A guy from Virginia had an interest in one of them and said the shipping would be about $85-$95, so you can't forget about that. Shipping can be a killer. If I don't sell them here, that is fine. There is a big show coming up in May 2018 and I just might rent a vendors space and try it there. Thanks, Carmine.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
The K-3-6 posi would be Nov 3, 1966....service replacement.
OK Cecil. Thanks. I thought they went to a different style rear in '65, that's why I thought what I did. Guess they continue to make a lot of replacement parts long after a certain style has been discontinued. Good to know, Carmine.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Sold the "P" case 3.70 posi. It's enroute to Texas as we speak. Thanks Harlan and 348-409 forum, Carmine.