2 post lift ugh

Harry Powell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I see people have felt my pain on the x frame and using a two post lift! Other then the 4x4 in the rear or steel piece does anyone make extensions or something? I have a rotary lift haven’t seen anything plus I called rotary no luck so far ugh

Harry Powell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I used wood blocks at the ends of the rear seat cross member where it attaches to the rocker panel, for my rear arm lift point. Of course you need a solid rocker and brace.
Yeah I used a 4x4 today I’m going to fab up something in steel that sits and locks on to the feet of the lift better. I’ll throw some pics out when I do that.

johnnyriviera

Well Known Member
This doesn't help those that already have lifts, but may help those thinking about it. Challenger 10k lb "Versymmetric" has arms plenty long, never have had a problem reaching lift points. Not the cheapest lift, but I wasn't necessarily bargain shopping the thing that was going to hold my favorite car in the air while I was under it!

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Last year splurged on the shop and got a 2 post which came in handy doing a convertor swap in the Pontiac/Camaro and a 4 post.

Year before was getting electricity to it-power company was a pain to deal with gettign new service. Had to send a copy of the deed, two on sight mini inspections ks to even tell me what pole they would come off! This spring project is get a well drilled so I have water!

Harry Powell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
This doesn't help those that already have lifts, but may help those thinking about it. Challenger 10k lb "Versymmetric" has arms plenty long, never have had a problem reaching lift points. Not the cheapest lift, but I wasn't necessarily bargain shopping the thing that was going to hold my favorite car in the air while I was under it!
Neither was I, bought a rotary should have went with 3 stage arms, my mistake ugh. I can get three stage arms but I’m looking at like 2 grand. That’s a lot of parts for my 63 & 52 :laugh4 The worst part is it’s so close it just misses. What really doesn’t help is my full length headers & flowmaster exhaust! I hate them both soon to be removed with a saw! lol

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
This discussion came up a few years ago. Someone with a 2 post hoist fabbed channel or box that was fastened across the 2 rear arms. I think they made pads on it that contacted the x frame where they wanted it. I did a search but couldn't find it.

Harry Powell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
This discussion came up a few years ago. Someone with a 2 post hoist fabbed channel or box that was fastened across the 2 rear arms. I think they made pads on it that contacted the x frame where they wanted it. I did a search but couldn't find it.
Yes I saw someone post that like 2 threads down “x frame” I should have searched for it but at the moment when it was going on I was pissed lol