2 post lift ugh

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I see people have felt my pain on the x frame and using a two post lift! Other then the 4x4 in the rear or steel piece does anyone make extensions or something? I have a rotary lift haven’t seen anything plus I called rotary no luck so far ugh

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I have to pull the car a fair bit forward on my two post to get the rear arms where I feel comfortable.

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I have to pull the car a fair bit forward on my two post to get the rear arms where I feel comfortable.
Yeah I tried they just don’t reach I’m about two inches too short. I moved the car inch by inch won’t make it ugh

johnnyriviera

Well Known Member
This doesn't help those that already have lifts, but may help those thinking about it. Challenger 10k lb "Versymmetric" has arms plenty long, never have had a problem reaching lift points. Not the cheapest lift, but I wasn't necessarily bargain shopping the thing that was going to hold my favorite car in the air while I was under it!

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
I was wondering on the asymetrical 2 posts. I got one last year I was planning on using to pull the body off the frame.

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Last year splurged on the shop and got a 2 post which came in handy doing a convertor swap in the Pontiac/Camaro and a 4 post.

Year before was getting electricity to it-power company was a pain to deal with gettign new service. Had to send a copy of the deed, two on sight mini inspections ks to even tell me what pole they would come off! This spring project is get a well drilled so I have water!

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
This doesn't help those that already have lifts, but may help those thinking about it. Challenger 10k lb "Versymmetric" has arms plenty long, never have had a problem reaching lift points. Not the cheapest lift, but I wasn't necessarily bargain shopping the thing that was going to hold my favorite car in the air while I was under it!
Neither was I, bought a rotary should have went with 3 stage arms, my mistake ugh. I can get three stage arms but I’m looking at like 2 grand. That’s a lot of parts for my 63 & 52 :laugh4 The worst part is it’s so close it just misses. What really doesn’t help is my full length headers & flowmaster exhaust! I hate them both soon to be removed with a saw! lol

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
This discussion came up a few years ago. Someone with a 2 post hoist fabbed channel or box that was fastened across the 2 rear arms. I think they made pads on it that contacted the x frame where they wanted it. I did a search but couldn't find it.

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
This discussion came up a few years ago. Someone with a 2 post hoist fabbed channel or box that was fastened across the 2 rear arms. I think they made pads on it that contacted the x frame where they wanted it. I did a search but couldn't find it.
Yes I saw someone post that like 2 threads down “x frame” I should have searched for it but at the moment when it was going on I was pissed lol