2006 convention

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Starting a new convention thread. Would like to have a count on those attending Clay City. Also need to know if everyone going has made reservations at the motel that is going to. I'm going to have to release rooms pretty soon.

3 Weeks away. Time is flying. Let's hope this weather straightens out.

Thanks for everyones help, especially Jim K, for trying to keep track of attendees. A big help.

Anyone know of any more 409 owners we can talk into attending? The more the merrier. I will be calling a couple today to try to get them to attend.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Clay City 2006.

Whaaaaaaaaat the,,,,,,,,,how'd that get in here?????? :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Big 60'.jpg
    Big 60'.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 121

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
camera tricks

Must have been when we were backing up to stage. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????:roll :roll :roll :roll

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Members attending update

1.SS425HP-Fred
2.Fatride-Ray & Marica
3.Ronnie Russell
4.RPO-587
5.Jim SS409
6.Tom Kochtanek --------not attending
7.walkerheaders-Bob
8.Tony & Bonnie Salins
9.DIV1RACER
10.Jim & Sue Kwiatkowski
11.Mr Goodwrench
12.bignbad60----------not attending
13.MRHP
14.w ogden
15.Gearhead
16.mabeauchamp
17.Dond409
18.Gerry
19.Smokey1963
20.Quickshift409
21.Tommy & Clara Wilson
22.Jim & Marg Moore
23.Region Rat
24.4speedman
25.Bomar-Bo & Paulette
26.64409 ??? (new member
27.TomO
28.b-d409
29.tripowerguy
30.Waddict

Attachments

• 06 Hot Rod.jpg
    06 Hot Rod.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 82

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Days Inn

Just talked to Sue at the Days Inn in Mt. Sterling. She says they have only 12 rooms booked, so far, for our group. they are getting tight on availability, so if you are going, reserve your rooms ASAP. You don't pay until you get there. If you think you are going, get a room reserved. Don't get left out.

705 Maysville Road
Mt. Sterling, KY, 40353 US
859-498-4680

Mr Goodwrench

Well Known Member
Guys I hate to say it but I might have to back out :mad: been building a new home for the past year, sold the one we're living in last week:clap but we have to be out by the 23rd of june. I'm going to wait till the last week to decide for sure but I do have room reservations that someone could have if I dont go.

w ogden

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Fred, I'll be there with family in tow. Won't need rooms though since we are staying in Lexington with my son. Flying in Thursday to Louisville, traveling with the kids Friday and will be at the track on Saturday to meet the rest of the gang. Looking forward to having a great time. Walt :)

Quickshift409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Days Inn

Fred, count me in. I'll be there with a pit crew of 2 old buddies. We have 2 rooms reserved at Mt. Serling. See you all there. A good time will be had by all.
QS409

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
convention

Bob, glad to see you can make it. Was sure hoping you would. Will be a pleasure to meet up with you again. You and Jimmy added a lot to the last get together.

Mr. Goodwrench, we will miss you if you don't attend. We might even talk about you. Best way to prevent that is to be there. We do hope you can make it.

Shan, will be good to see you again, too.

Only 2 weeks left. I'm sure looking forward to this.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Sounds like everything's starting to pull together. I'll be camping out so I didn't get a room.
I'd like to urge anybody that likes 348's and 409's to come. It's a lot of fun and very informal, kinda like a cruise night, only better because it spans three days and it's at a dragstrip.:beerbang

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Fred, What do you mean " 2 weeks left?". At the rate I drive, we will have to leave any day now. Last night---- 1st night of test and tune for the Chevy II new motor. 6.30 at 108 in the eighth. Shifted at 6,100 to take it easy on the new parts. Most important fact was that it stayed together. If it survives a couple of race nights, it will be fun to see 1/4 mi. time in Kentucky. See you guys in a couple of weeks.

Dond409

Supporting Member 1
calculator check

I checked that calculator out againist some of my time slips. It's pretty darn close. It's easily within a tenth of my times. I bookmarked it for future reference.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I am driven to attend

I am planning on driving out late Friday from Chicago area. I will sleep in my wife's van at the track. The LearJet is down.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I was just thinking... I've got one of those big 40 cup coffee makers and lots of styrafoam cups that I can bring along. That way there'll be lots of coffee for all of us campers.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
When I first started the Chevy II project, 10 yrs ago, it was my dream to someday have a 409 car that would be able to compete in NHRA super-gas. Barry and I had and still have, a weird partnership. Barry built the car in his garage with my money and I built the engine. I owned the car---Barry owned the drive train. Everything was bass-ackward. Yes, I spent months and months at Barrys house doing the grunt work, but Barry actually built the car. 5 yrs ago I sold out to Barry, but still build and tune the motors and attend the races. Im very good at sitting in a lawn chair, sipping on a beer, and then telling Barry why he broke out or red-lit. With all due respect to the formulas used to estimate 1/4 mi times from 1/8 times, there are many factors that have to be considered. In other words, a dragster accelerates at a faster rate the last 1/8 than a 4,000 lb Impala. But, I have no doubt that the car will indeed better 9.90 ( NHRA super-gas index) So even though I dont own the car anymore, at least I have realized a dream. No, its not the fastest 409 car, not even close, but I am still quite proud of it. BTW-- Barry cares less about NHRA racing. It aint gonna happen. Hes perfectly happy running the weekly Fri.nite bracket races, but he is excited about the Kentucky trip too. It will be interesting to see how the true 1/4 mil e.t. comes to 9.83 estimate.

Mr Goodwrench

Well Known Member
Dont count me out yet guys....it will be a last min decision. If I'm able to go ronnie I would like to call you and see when you might be coming through the st louis area.:cheers

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Fred, Just got around to reading the flyer. Shows that gates open at 4 pm and time trials at 5pm for Friday. How flexible are they gonna be ? Are we gonna be allowed into the track area before 4pm? Any test and tune runs during the day, or is 5 pm the earliest runs? Maybe you have answered these questions earlier and I missed them. Thanks again.