2006 convention

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Gates at Clay City

Ronnie, the conversation I had with Jared Kennon was that we could get in Thursday if we want. All we have to do is contact them and let them know when we will be there. They will work with us. As for time time trials, I don't know when they will set up the clocks. I'm thinking they would set them up when ever we want. I can confirm all this if you would like. I know we can get in early, though.

Used to be that when we got there, we could run. Of course we had to supply the flag man and the guy at the end to call the winner. Was a little different then. Not too sure it wasn't better. Did have a few arguments over who got the jump on the flag man! Really depended on who he liked the most!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone has a DVD player or a VHS player that can bring it, I'll bring my movies from Clay City in 1963-1965 era. The track is pretty much the same, but the cars are different. I has some stuff on it from Lion's at Long Beach, and Carlsbad, CA. too.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
How about live TV ???? Like Speed or TNT or any cable chanel for those that can`t make it,,:cry :cry :beerbang

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Videos

Jim, I'm sure someone will have a video camera there. There will probably be a lot of video shot. We will probably be able to get you a copy of all the goings on for a nominal price!!!!!!!!!!!!! Might be cheaper to just come on out:roll :roll :roll

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I've got a video camera that I'll bring, but I've gotta admit I'm not very good at running it. I will take plenty of still photos though.
Ronnie, I know what you mean about race calculators. The numbers are just guesses based on average cars. But even if it's off by a fair bit it looks like you guys have got a 409 powered car that will run in the nines!:cheers I can't wait to see it go.:beerbang Maybe one of these days you could post a few details about your engine and driveline combination.
I was hoping to get the 55 out to the test and tune this weekend, but between work, weather and limited track time availability due to the long weekend race schedule, it's not looking good. But I do have more pictures, as if I haven't posted enough already.:D

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 26

Dond409

Supporting Member 1
question for you

Hey Jim,

How about a before and after shot? Hey would you be interested in doing a wagon? I been thinking the wagon would look cool with a beam axle front end.

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Pictures

You can't post enough pictures of that car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That thing makes me drool everytime I see it. What a neat car.

jim_ss409 said:
I've got a video camera that I'll bring, but I've gotta admit I'm not very good at running it. I will take plenty of still photos though.
Ronnie, I know what you mean about race calculators. The numbers are just guesses based on average cars. But even if it's off by a fair bit it looks like you guys have got a 409 powered car that will run in the nines!:cheers I can't wait to see it go.:beerbang Maybe one of these days you could post a few details about your engine and driveline combination.
I was hoping to get the 55 out to the test and tune this weekend, but between work, weather and limited track time availability due to the long weekend race schedule, it's not looking good. But I do have more pictures, as if I haven't posted enough already.:D

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Fred, I feel the same way. That has to be one of the finest 409 cars ever built, and to know how short of time period it was built in is incredible. My computer equipment is ancient, so I hope Jim brings some pictures with him. I would like to have one hanging on my wall.

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Ronnie,I have a photo printer at home,pick the photo you want and I'll enlarge it to 8x11 and send it to you.I'm bringing my photo printer to Clay City and I'll be taking photos of members at the starting line doing there launch and then I'll print an 8x11 in the pits.

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Flyer, I hope!

Just was looking at the Clay City or Mountain Park website, and noticed the redone flyer. Going to try to post it, if I can get it sized right. I've resized it several times and it is still too big for here. Wish we could post larger pictures. This gets old resizing these things 4-5 times to get them down to a size that will work, and not be too little.

You can go the Mountain Parkway web site and see this better.

http://www.mpdragway.com/

Then go to the June 2nd date.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Great news about the printer Jim. Thanks alot. I will pick one out at Clay City , bet you will get some great shots of Jims 55, that will give me the oppurtunity to get pictures of all the guys cars. What a sweet deal. Thanks....

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Flyer.

The 55 is right where it should be. That will be the car of the 409 convention. I am jealous as hell though :cry Can't beat him either! (Maybe I can 60' him and Fred on the same day)

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
fatride said:
The 55 is right where it should be. That will be the car of the 409 convention. I am jealous as hell though :cry Can't beat him either! (Maybe I can 60' him and Fred on the same day)

Could be! They sometimes have to use a calender to record my reaction times.:deal But you know Ray, if by some chance my reaction times happen to be good that day,,, I could try running the motor home through tech....:dunno :D :roll

Fred, I'll have to buy you a beer:beerbang maybe two:beerbang :beerbang for getting a picture of my car on the poster.:deal I'm gonna send 5 copies to my mother!:brow

Attachments

• 06_Hot_Rod1.jpg
    06_Hot_Rod1.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 40
  • 06_Hot_Rod2.jpg
    06_Hot_Rod2.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 06_Hot_Rod3.jpg
    06_Hot_Rod3.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 06_Hot_Rod4.jpg
    06_Hot_Rod4.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 27

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Flyer Picture

Ya know, I sent a lot of pictures down there for them to pick from. I would almost have bet the farm on the one they would use. I would have won, too. :doh

Just noticed, the 55 Chevy is next to a picture of DQ hisself. I think it is.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
That guy with all the flies in his teeth may not actually be DQ,,, but that's what he's gonna look like when he gets that chopper done.:beerbang
I'm thinking I'd better stop teasing Fatride.:scratch His car always seems to run flawlessly, and I might need some tuning advise.:D

Attachments

• 06_Hot_Rod6.jpg
    06_Hot_Rod6.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 27

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Gosh dang if that ain`t me nottin` is by gum !!!

And thats a mighty big grin on my face !! heeee heeee:roll :roll

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Dond409 said:
Hey Jim,

How about a before and after shot? Hey would you be interested in doing a wagon? I been thinking the wagon would look cool with a beam axle front end.

Hey Don, Check this out.:deal Apparently it's got a 427 BBC.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 57

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Weather for KY for next weekend.

This is kinda far out, and we know subject to change, but so far, the weather for next weekend is looking GOOD.

10 Day Forecast United States | Kentucky | Winchester Add to Inav Previous Page

Related Links: Rain Sunshine Wind Watch/Warning Satellite Forecast Radar! Radar Travel Delays

Current Weather RSS Feed Set Default City Guide
Currently
1 PM View Historical Averages and Records for today

Temp Feels Like Relative Humidity: 47%
Wind Speed & Direction: Not Available
80°F 81°F
27°C 27°C

10 Day Forecast
Saturday
05/27/2006 Sunrise: 6:18 am UV Index: 9, Very High Sunset: 8:50 pm
Moonrise: 6:11 am Phase: New Moonset: 9:54 pm
High Low Saturday:
Lots of sunshine. Warm. High 87F. Winds light and variable.
Saturday night:
Mainly clear. Low 66F. Winds light and variable.
87°F 66°F
31°C 19°C
Sunday
05/28/2006 Sunrise: 6:18 am UV Index: 9, Very High Sunset: 8:51 pm
Moonrise: 7:01 am Phase: New Moonset: 10:56 pm
High Low Sunday:
Mostly sunny skies. Warm. High 88F. Winds light and variable.
Sunday night:
Clear to partly cloudy skies. Low 68F. Winds light and variable.
88°F 68°F
31°C 20°C
Monday
05/29/2006 Sunrise: 6:17 am UV Index: 9, Very High Sunset: 8:51 pm
Moonrise: 7:59 am Phase: Waxing Crescent Moonset: 11:48 pm
High Low Monday:
Slight chance of a thunderstorm. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the upper 60s.

85°F 69°F
29°C 21°C
Tuesday
05/30/2006 Sunrise: 6:17 am UV Index: 9, Very High Sunset: 8:52 pm
Moonrise: 9:01 am Phase: Waxing Crescent Moonset: 12:01 am
High Low Tuesday:
Slight chance of a thunderstorm. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the upper 60s.

85°F 68°F
29°C 20°C
Wednesday
05/31/2006 Sunrise: 6:16 am UV Index: 9, Very High Sunset: 8:53 pm
Moonrise: 10:05 am Phase: Waxing Crescent Moonset: 12:31 am
High Low Wednesday:
Partly cloudy, chance of a thunderstorm. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the upper 60s.

84°F 68°F
29°C 20°C
Thursday
06/01/2006 Sunrise: 6:16 am UV Index: 9, Very High Sunset: 8:54 pm
Moonrise: 11:09 am Phase: Waxing Crescent Moonset: 1:05 am
High Low Thursday:
A few thunderstorms possible. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the low 60s.

78°F 62°F
26°C 17°C
Friday
06/02/2006 Sunrise: 6:15 am UV Index: 9, Very High Sunset: 8:54 pm
Moonrise: 12:10 pm Phase: Waxing Crescent Moonset: 1:34 am
High Low Friday:
Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the upper 50s.

76°F 59°F
24°C 15°C
Saturday
06/03/2006 Sunrise: 6:15 am UV Index: 9, Very High Sunset: 8:55 pm
Moonrise: 1:09 pm Phase: Waxing Crescent Moonset: 1:58 am
High Low Saturday:
Partly cloudy. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the upper 50s.

72°F 57°F
22°C 14°C
Sunday
06/04/2006 Sunrise: 6:15 am UV Index: 10, Very High Sunset: 8:55 pm
Moonrise: 2:08 pm Phase: Moonset: 2:19 am
High Low Sunday:
Sunny. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the low 60s.

73°F 60°F
23°C 16°C
Monday
06/05/2006 Sunrise: 6:15 am UV Index: 10, Very High Sunset: 8:56 pm
Moonrise: 3:06 pm Phase: Waxing Gibbous Moonset: 2:40 am
High Low Monday:
Sunny

78°F 60°F
26°C 16°C

Winchester City Guide by AreaGuides.net
Winchester Hotels
Winchester Real Estate