2007 Convention or get together

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Looking for guidance for a convention date or get together date for 2007. The NHRR will be in Columbus, Ohio next year on Father's day weekend. Generally, the week before that is Good Guys at Indy. Some guys like to run both of those. Some don't care. So, the question is, where and when do we want to have our get together next year?

I can tell you this. Clay City has asked if we would come back. I have had some conversation with the editor of Super Chevy magazine. No promise, but they might cover what ever we do in the magazine. I'm not proposing any time or place. I will say that Clay City treated us VERY well this past June. They paid out way more than they took in. And never complained. I think everyone there was pleased. And, the room rates were GREAT at the motel.

OK, it's open to you all. What and when and Where.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I really liked Clay City and would be happy to go back there. An early date might be less likely to conflict with some of the racers schedules.:deal I'm also going to try to get to The NHRA Hotrod reunion at Columbus OH. I'd expect to see quite a few 348/409 guys there as well.:beerbang

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Fred, I loved Clay City, but what ever the site is , will be fine for us. I suggest April thru November. ( Did that help) ? :roll Seriously, name a date and we will be there. Thanks again for the effort, I know it can be time consuming.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Fred, I too enjoyed Clay City !!!:clap

Unfortunately I could not be there !!!!:roll

I think it is a great idea to have another getogether,,,, How about somewhere closer to the west coast this time ????:brow ,,,dq

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
I also put my vote in for a more westerly convention site. Also for a time of year with better weather. Just my 2 cents worth.

Paul

blown 409

Well Known Member
I would like to see somthing in midwest, i was at the convention, but brought none of my cars, would like to bring sevrel this year, show and race, Tim

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
blown 409 said:
I would like to see somthing in midwest, i was at the convention, but brought none of my cars, would like to bring sevrel this year, show and race, Tim

Interesting name,,, soooooooo whats it that you have that blown 409 sitting in????,,dq

blown 409

Well Known Member
65 impala ss, tube chassiss, dana 60 , top loader 4 spd, nitrous, pro-street, how do i post photo,s of it in photo album sec? Tim

Attachments

• 61 409 under hood.JPG
    61 409 under hood.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 147

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Tim, I dont see a blower, but I see enough that I want to know more. Can you describe engine details and 1/4 mile times?? Beautiful engine. Cant help with picture suggestions, Im a dunce. Someone else will for sure. :)

Tony Salins

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Fred, First we would like to say thanks again for taking the lead on the get together. Next, no childern at home, no graduations, both cars can make the trip and we are ready to go. Since Ronnie found Clay City last year and we are now neighbors we'll just follow him! Clay City was great last year and would be fine with us, but anywhere would be great with this group!

blown 409

Well Known Member
Thats a photo of my 61 belair 2 dr sedan, been raced since new, has 496 cu 409 4 spd, olds/pont rear 456,s about 600-650 hp, ran 1 pass this year, went 11:60 124 spiinning and letting off gas ( no traction), next pass broke axel shaft, will have wait till next year now,Think it will go mid ten,s, eng went 9:40 in my buddys henry j, will post photo,s of my blown 409 65 ss, and other 409 cars after i lear how to get them in photo album area, Tim

blown 409

Well Known Member
Heres a few more phots of my 409 belair and my 454 belair soon to be a w moter car, Tim

Attachments

• 61 409 lf.JPG
    61 409 lf.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 61 409 frt.JPG
    61 409 frt.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 61 409 left.JPG
    61 409 left.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 61 409 rear.JPG
    61 409 rear.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 61 bisquick.JPG
    61 bisquick.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 120

blown 409

Well Known Member
Heres a couple of 65 ss blown 409, Tim

Attachments

• 65 409 SS(eng).jpg
    65 409 SS(eng).jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 65 409 SS(front).jpg
    65 409 SS(front).jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 65 409 SS(int).jpg
    65 409 SS(int).jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 65 409 SS(side).jpg
    65 409 SS(side).jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 96

blown 409

Well Known Member
i will be at next get together if its not to far, Kentucky was just to far from Brainerd minn, i like to see a event up here 409 style or a super chevy, at Brainerd international racway, they have 2 events that we would be great at, called show and go, and muscle car shootout, i run my 7 sec 63 vette there and other cars real nice event car shows and drag racing, things for the kids to do on site camping,near by lakes, 3 day events fri/sat/sun, july and sept, would be good central event for everybody, i know some of the people that run/own track i could make it work,any interst? Tim Bir.com brainerd international racewayand resort.com

Attachments

• 57 nomad.jpg
    57 nomad.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 61 bisquick2.JPG
    61 bisquick2.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 63 1.jpg
    63 1.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 63 2.jpg
    63 2.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 63 4.jpg
    63 4.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 59

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
tim. That's 2 great looking cars! I have been hoping to put together a tubed 64. The blwer would be great. What did you use for the intake? How much do both cars weigh? My 64 is all steel, but tube chassis. Bob