2008 East Coast Drag Times / Henderson NC

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
This a pretty good show, I usaully take a car down to the show on Saturday.

Aqua 409

Speed

Was talking to a guy B Mac a few days ago whom you may remember from Endicott area.
He said he bought your 61 Bubble top Impala and that he had parked it on Harry L Dr. by the Dutchess Inn one night where it got rear ended. Believe he moved from the area about the time you were around Bill Graham Chevy. He now has a nice restoration shop in Raleigh NC. I can get the particulars before Henderson show.

Ralph

PS: forgot the Raleigh location

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Speed,

I believe congratulations are in order......aren’t you being inducted into the hall of fame this weekend?

:bow

Speed

Supporting Member 1
Speed

Was talking to a guy B Mac a few days ago whom you may remember from Endicott area.
He said he bought your 61 Bubble top Impala and that he had parked it on Harry L Dr. by the Dutchess Inn one night where it got rear ended. Believe he moved from the area about the time you were around Bill Graham Chevy. He now has a nice restoration shop in Raleigh NC. I can get the particulars before Henderson show.

Ralph

PS: forgot the Raleigh location

I remember well the '61 (belair 2 dr. ht) getting hit ,massacred in front of the Dutchess...(Awesome car, the '61 !)
He is a great guy..yes, haven't seen him in years!
Please get info for me...
Thanks.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Tommy ...THANKS !!!!!!!:)

Speed: Let me the second to offer congratulations. I wish I could make it down to Henderson as that isn't that many hours from here. Enjoy your day, you deserve it
robert

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Aqua 409,

Ralph,
Are you going to the Henderson show? What about GoodGuys next week in Charlotte?

Aqua 409

Tommy

I am going to try to get up to Henderson for an hour or so mid day tomorrow, hit a little "speed bump" health wise recently. Charlotte is pretty much out of the question. Will you be bringing a car down? I'll give you a call when I get up there.

Thanks, Ralph

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Ralph,
Sorry to hear of your health problems, I hope they will be short term. I'm not sure if I'll come to Henderson, depends on the weather. It has rained here all day. If the weather is decent, I'm planning to drive the '62 Corvette down there.
I still have your cell number so if I come down I'll give you a call.

Aqua 409

Tommy

Hope the weather clears in the morning and you can make it, look forward to catching up with you there.

Ralph

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Wally,
Glad you had a great time this weekend. Sorry I didn't get to meet up with you, I drove my '62 Corvette down there, didn't get there until noon so the place was already packed. I did get to meet Aqua 409 (Ralph) and his wife. Really nice couple and I enjoyed talking with them for a few minutes.
There was a vineyard there that had a display setup and was selling wine; my wife purchased a couple of bottles. When we got home I noticed that one of the bottles was a commemorative bottle that had all of the inductee's name listed so I have a bottle of wine with your name on it!!!

Aqua 409

Tommy

It was great to meet you and your wife at the show, it was nice to chat with both of you and hope we can do it again.

Wally

Had to be a memorable weekend, hope we can read about.

Ralph