2011 409 shootout.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I talked to Cruisin times magazine. I am going to put together a PR. for them to clear up any confusion regarding when and where the Fred Totten Memorial 409 Shootout will be held.

Regards, Ray
Fathead Racing.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
The race is scheduled for 2 - 4 Jun 2011 at Thompson Raceway Park, with Sunday the 5th for rain out. Hope to see you there.

Bill

scott hall

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks Ray, If there is anything I can do to help with getting things ready don't hesitate to ask. I'll do all I can to help with the chore if I can. Scott Hall:dunno

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
List for 2011 Shootout

1. Fathead Racing
2. BSL409
3. Tom Kochtanek
4. Dick & Allan MacKenzie
5. models916
6. Toms63SSQB
7. bluescreamer
8. quik9r
9. k9hotrodder409 & son
10. Jim409 Pontiac
11. jim ss409
12. dm6240
13. Bomar
14. mike bell
15. alloy409
16. scott hall
17. 1960impala283
18. WENGINE
19. Phil Reed
20. Nuts
21. Don Jacks
22. NASTY 409
23. Quickshift409
24. BRYAN FUGATE
25. jbschneeweis
26. Ronnie Russell
27. Barry Taylor
28. Roger Robinson
29. Len Woodrow
30. PAINTJOHN1
31. paint helper 2
32. walkerheaders
33. Silent Sam
34. Lonnie Hall
35. Merle & Sandy Whited
36. Wild Bill Burge
37. Jim & Val McCombs

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Any deals on lodging yet?

Comfort INN & SUITES

7701 Reynolds Road Mentor, Ohio 44060 phone 440) 951-7333
fax(440) 951-0961

> BOOK A ROOM NOW

FOR THOMPSON RATE USE

LTHOMP
I have my Reservations $65.00 A night :cool::cool:

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Meet & Greet Idea

Last year we stayed at the Comfort Inn in Mentor and it was good. There is a restaurant across the parking lot that gives great discounts if you're staying there and the food is good. There is also a higher end Steak House that's about a 5 - 10 minute walk and it was good. ( I actually ended up sitting beside the infamous DQ and didn't have a clue who he was). The Motel is about 15 minutes from the track. There was quite a few of us stayed there.

Down the road about another 10 or 15 minutes there is another little town called Geneva on the Lake. It's a little touristy town on Lake Erie. It's easy to find. We found Ernies Grill the day we were leaving. It's been there since the '50's and is pretty cool !!! Ask any of the locals in Mentor & they all know the place........ there's a lot of history ..... we talked to retired guys who used to work there when they were teenagers making the famous foot long hot dogs & sneeking beer in the back room.......... lot's of good stories.

It would be a great place for the Thompson gang to have a meet & greet........ If I could make it I would organize a meeting for everyone there one evening. I'm sure if you talked to them they would help. I'm sure they would like a bunch of 409 cars in the parking lot...... there's probably enough cruisers to haul everyone over there...... you could have a 409convoy to Ernies Grill !!

................. and the Juke Box even works !!!....... check the old tear drop speakers on the wall.
Dave

Front
335152345.jpg

REAR
335152349.jpg

335152348.jpg

335152347.jpg

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Dave,

We found that place the first year, but it wasn't open for the season yet. Didn't make it down that way last year. I agree, it would make a great location for a meet and greet and cruise...

Bill

wburge409@gmail.com

Well Known Member

I'll be attending Thompson again and driving my original '67 Corvette I bought new at age 22. Got a busted up 409 piston, rod and bent valve behind the seat. Still reminds me that 19 year old's with 425hp Impala's shouldn't have gone to Pittsbugh International Dragway with a stock shifter.

Wild Bill Burge

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Dates

What are the actual dates of the event? Nuts wrote 2-4 with rain day on the 5th. When will the races start? I wasn't planning on arriving until the 2nd., don't want to miss anything. Do we know when the 409's will be able to race? Any info will help so I make sure I arrive on time. Thanks. :dunno

Joel

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
1st weekend in June. Keep an eye on this thread. Ray can verify or correct this. His original discussions with the track management was for a two day event Friday and Saturday. Sunday would be a fallback day in the event of rain. They don't plan to have insurance for Thursday but that wasn't in cast stone.

Ray!!! What's the latest?

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Okay, everyone start working on the gas prices !!!!! They have gone up $.20 in one week, if they reach the predicted $3.70-4.00 range, I'll have to cancel plans to bring Ms Bella. Or we will have to stay in the back of the truck to save money !!!!

Bill

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Set up camp like we do!

Bill:

Hey, do what we often do, set up camp in the back of someone's trailer and party all night long :).

Let's see, at Norwalk three years back, James and I slept in Jim and Jim's trailer until all the snoring caused James to move to the back seat of my '62 SS (that had to be fun!).

At Thompson two years ago James and I cuddled up with DonD and WWW in the back of Jim and Jim's enclosed trailer -- that was a little cold so Jim provided us some heat (or was that WWW farting?).

Last year at Thompson I flew in so I had my Mom's car (I grew up about 20 minutes from Thompson, if you can actually state "that I grew up") and went home to my childhood house on Friday and after the rains on Saturday.

What will this year bring? Nuts and me and the rest of us in the Car Hauler that Jim and Jim and Winston bring the '61 Poncho in? This is gonna be too much fun!

TomK

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
How could I refuse such an offer ?

TomK,

Appreciate the offer for sure. That takes care of the three nights at Thompson, but not the 4 nights coming and going ! Well I would have to talk Linda into sleeping in an un_heated trailer, on a cot, with four or five guys and a dog !! ;) We'll just have to keep an eye out on the gas prices and see what it brings.

I need to pull last years trip report out and see how many gallons I used for the trip ? I think the average was about $2.50 per gallon. Maybe it won't be as big an impact as I'm worried about ? :dunno

I was just short of 5000 miles last year. At $2.50 a gallon, 15 MPG average that's $850 :doh If it's $4.00 it's up to $1550 :eek::eek::doh Have to calculate the actual numbers. Well someone has to pay for the banks and oil guys vacation !!!!

Bill

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Gas Prices

The big guys just don't (or won't) understand how these prices affect us little guys. All we want to do is have a little fun, but gas prices sure do put a hurt on that. It just ain't fair!!!

Lonnie:cuss:barf