2011 Race Season Underway

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well Seasons underway with a crash bang 6th place run. Prcetice on Friday was cancelled by rain and snow but opening weekend started on Saturday with fastest lap of the day and a heat win to put us outside pole for the feature on Sunday. In the feature took the lead for 16 laps until caution. On the re-start the 3rd place car ran straight into us and the 2nd place car going into turn three and all of us spun and we cut a tire and we pitted and re-started last. Made it back to finish 6th and the first week of body work and alignment of the rearend.:doh

fastfreds

Well Known Member
Congrats on a great (?) start to the racing season. Must have the setup figured out pretty good if that was the first race.:clap

It sounds as though the car will survive to race another day without to much repair work.

I think that is why I prefer drag racing. No body or suspension repair every week!

Fred

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
04 09 Was berry berry good for racing

Week 2 of Racing was hard because body panels did not show up until late Friday afternoon. It was a late Friday night making it look like a race car. Fast at practice won the heat and we were incident free and won the feature with a straight away lenght lead at the checker took pictures and loaded up without a new scratch on it. Win one of the season and hopeful of many more.:D

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:clapWell due to the weather and schedule we got to race again on Saturday and was like days of old fastest in practice, fastest in heat race and then we dialed it in for the feature and won by a straight away the field.:cool:

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Impressive Derry......... I hope you keep kicking @ss

Can you post a picture of the car ???

Dave

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:danceIt's been a while since I posted here but with the win last night I will dust this off. Three weeks ago we got a third place and a bad race with bumps and banging. two weeks ago we got a second place with a big run from the back to the front and lost by a bumper. last week was mid season break and last nights win make four on the season and a 25 point slim margin on the championship.

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:D Well I have not wanted to have any of our bad luck to rub off with the other Championship members on site. Three weeks ago We hit the track and was the fastest we have been all season and broke a right front hub under power at about 95 mph.
010.JPG This cost us our invite to the Race at New Hampshire Magic Mile last week end to mix it up with the Big Boys of the Tour. It also cost us the points lead for the title. Last night we were the fastest again and picked up our fifth win of the season. This puts us back in second 14 points out with the finale week next week. If the the first place guy comes in sixth and we win we could still take it but not likely. We can still be happy with the fact we are super fast again.:brow

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:cryWell the season is over and the car is in one piece with a scond place in the finale and a second place in the points missing out by 10 points of the leader. He had a good season with no wrecks So congrats to Jeff Smith (Big Country) 2011 Speed Bowl Champ and as us Red Sox fans know how to say wait til next year.:cheers

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Congrats on a 2nd this season Derry.:clap 2nd is always better than none. Hope you had a good time and best of luck for 2012:cheers