2012 Fred Totten Memorial 409 Shootout.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I have been making plans for the the 2012 shootout at "Thompson Raceway Park" with the track manager and the track owner. We have a meeting coming up and I will bring issues to the table. If anyone had issues at the 2011 shootout or liked the way things went, it's time to hang out the laundry! It may be a little soon to start a list but I'll leave that up to the members. Let's go, it's time to start planning for the next 409 shootout. As a side note, Ken Edgar, owner, and the track manager Jim Curtis, have been trying to garner an interest for the 409 racers/show cars to have another event in Sept every year in conjunction with the Gassers just like the June event. I'm for the meet if I can get enough members to make a run for it. Tell me your thoughts?

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I would definitely be up for a sept. meet. As far as changes I was very happy with everything.Always great spending time with a great group of guys and gals.

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I would be up for both June & Sep, :danceI ran in to Ken and his wife at our Gasser race this past weekend he sure likes the 409s

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I just think you need to plan far enough ahead to have the grill assembled before you get there because it takes a lot of Tanqueray for Bob Walla and Me to assemble one. :roll:roll

Bill

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
As much money we bring into the track and local economy..........................me thinks the track should host a FREE bar-b-que dinner with all the trimin's for the 348-409 attendees!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whatdayathink???????????:clap:brow:coffee:dunno:doh:laugh:scratch:roll:roll:hug

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
:eekBar-b-que in Ohio??????????? What makes you think those "yankees" know ANYTHING about good bar-b-que? My better half of 30 plus years is from there,and I havent found any yet!:deal

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Sounds good to me. I would love to attend 2 meets at Thompson, a long trip but worth it. I also made the Iowa meet, was surprised that there weren't more people from the Ohio meet there. Thanks for showing up Bob. Also made the West Coast Shootout, alot of fun & some great people. Put over 8000 miles on my Lincoln & trailer, had a great time at the events & am ready to do it again next year.:dance

Joel

GCAMINO

Supporting Member 1
My 63 is finally done. :). Lookin for somewhere to go. I've been to Thompson every year. The 409's put on a great show. Looking forward to the next get together.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
We are putting it on the schedule, but may have to fly in, for this one. Getting harder each trip to travel soooooo far, towing the car. Never know what might happen though, but look for Linda and I to be there...

Bill

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
"Don" said:
I know it is a novel approach,but why not drive the car???????????:dunno

Don,

That would be more fun than I could handle !!!! The problem is, I'm over 2200 miles from Thompson, OH that's a five day drive. Now if something should happen to my 50 years old vehicle, say at Thompson, that's five days back to get the trailer, five days back to the car, five days back to the house !!!! I'd have to take a month off work, if something happened !!!

It is by the way as cheap to drive as tow, so that's not the issue. Oh and by the way, I'd not be able to race (my only transportation), for all the same reasons !!!

Bill

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Don,

That would be more fun than I could handle !!!! The problem is, I'm over 2200 miles from Thompson, OH that's a five day drive. Now if something should happen to my 50 years old vehicle, say at Thompson, that's five days back to get the trailer, five days back to the car, five days back to the house !!!! I'd have to take a month off work, if something happened !!!

It is by the way as cheap to drive as tow, so that's not the issue. Oh and by the way, I'd not be able to race (my only transportation), for all the same reasons !!!

Bill

Well, it would be on a first come first serve basis but. I have a fully equipped garage for repair!

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Me & the little woman will definitly be there in June 2012,Maybe even September. Got to work on that one !! Hey Ken, You & Kathy in???

Butch:crazy:cheers

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I hope to be able to attend one or both of the arranged gatherings. Over the past few years I seem to going in The wrong direction. Three years ago I drove the SS car to Thompson. Then in 2010 I flew out without the car. Last year I made plans to fly in, but ate the tickets with a last minute decision. So I need to turn things around for 2012!

Count me in for 2012!

TomK