2013 West Coast Shoot Out, Dedicated to Dave Smith

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Pulled the trans & the slider for 1 &2 was all burred up & the shift fork broke. Easy fix, now back in the car, Waiting for some additional suspension parts so I can go straight down the strip. Hopefully back together for a T&T on Wednesday & the graffiti drags at RMR on Friday night. That will be the test to be sure everything holds together before I leave for Iowa.

Since I need to replace the 2 piece drive shaft what are the pros & cons to an alum. driveshaft.:dunno Thanks

Joel

Aluminum shafts are to soft for stick cars

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Just thought I'd bump this back up to the top, so everyone knows it is still a go !!!! We are getting excited about attending and plan to leave on the 18th ! We will visit with family on the way down rather than on the way home this year. Looking forward to seeing and visiting with everyone again and remember that Dave's brother Ken and his family will be joining us this year. They will be driving the 61 down from Canada, that's going to great to see !~!!

Bill

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
We should roll in Thursday....probably late. We will be looking for everyone at the track Friday.

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Should be there Friday. Still have a few things to complete on the car prior to going to Iowa. If no problems with the car in Iowa then we go back home, repack the suitcase and off to Eureka. A long trip but should be fun. Hopefully the car will stay together. I haven't had a successful trip yet, maybe this one will be it. Hopefully see you all soon.

Joel

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Joel,

Im sure you are going to have a great time ! The car is going to run great and you will be a winner !! JMO Wish you lots of luck and safe travels ! See you and Lee on Friday.

Bill and Linda

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
The date is getting closer and I can't wait to see everyone again. I hope we get some new blood into our group of W heads. There has to be more 348/409's in the West than what we have been seeing. You don't have to race your car to participate, there is also a car show at the track too. Besides who wouldn't want to meet a guy with the handle "Nuts".

Paul

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
The date is getting closer and I can't wait to see everyone again. I hope we get some new blood into our group of W heads. There has to be more 348/409's in the West than what we have been seeing. You don't have to race your car to participate, there is also a car show at the track too. Besides who wouldn't want to meet a guy with the handle "Nuts".

Paul

And I heard that he is bringing his good buddy..........Gonads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Why do I always become the butt of the post ? :laugh We need to get Butch or Phil to commet, to take the focus off me !

Nuts

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Paul, save me a spot on the edge of strip if you can. Dont want to be out in the middle if possible ! See you on Friday, should be early afternoon.

Bill and Linda

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
OK guys I'll try and do that. I will call Danny and find out what time the gate opens on Friday.
Paul

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Here's wishing everyone a safe trip and a great weekend of racing and bull....... well, you know what I mean!!!!
Bill.............2 things.....#1 If we are picking on you...that means we're leaving Butch and Dick alone!! #2..We pick on you because we luv ya'!!!!!!!! Hang in there and we'll wait for your excellent pictures and videos!!!!:clap:clap

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Nobody hurt my feelings, remember I ve lived with the name "Nuts" for 66 years ! Its more a state of mind than a mental condiction !!!:roll

Bill