2013 West Coast Shoot Out, Dedicated to Dave Smith

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
We are leaving Oregon City at 5 am fri morning should be there about 1 or 2, see ya'll soon :beer

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Have a safe trip Pat. Have a great weekend. We had Chamber of Commerce weather in Earlville last weekend.

Gonna try my best to get all you West Coasters back here next year!!!!

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Had a great time in Iowa. Best time was a 12.08 & 116 MPH. Never made it to the eleminations, trans went out again. Went home & took out the trans, it was locked again. Not messing with it anymore. Put in my M21, a few linkage problems but I got it to work. On our way, we are at Boomtown & should be in later today. See you all soon.

Joel

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Will everyone made it with no problems ! Ken and the family are in from Canada, in the 61, and he made a couple of passes ! Dave made a cuple of runs, then lost oil pressure !:mad Updates and pictures when possible...

Bill and Linda
On the beach

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Will everyone made it with no problems ! Ken and the family are in from Canada, in the 61, and he made a couple of passes ! Dave made a cuple of runs, then lost oil pressure !:mad Updates and pictures when possible...

Bill and Linda
On the beach

Glad everyone made it safely. Hate to hear about oil pressure problems!!

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Okay, here is a brief update after Sat racing at the Dave Smith Westcoast 348-409 Shootout. How really great that Ken Smith, Dave's brother, drove the 61 all the way from Canada and took home the Grand prize !!! :cool::cheers Couldnt have turned out any better !

I ll get some pictures uploaded soon...

Bill

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Okay, here is a brief update after Sat racing at the Dave Smith Westcoast 348-409 Shootout. How really great that Ken Smith, Dave's brother, drove the 61 all the way from Canada and took home the Grand prize !!! :cool::cheers Couldnt have turned out any better !

I ll get some pictures uploaded soon...

Bill

Well, that's great! :beer Congratulations Ken! :clap:clap:clap

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Well what a great weekend of visiting, jokeing, lying, friendship, oh and racing ! We had eight Ws gathered and it just went great !:danceMost raced on Sunday, but everyone went out in the first round. So we just spent the rest of the day visiting. :hug

I ll get some pictures loaded when I get a good WyFy hookup...

Bill and Linda
At the track

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
We had a great time, and made it home last night without any more problems. This is really a great group, and I hope we can figure out a way to keep things rolling next year. Danny always treats us very well at the track, on the other hand I'd like to get up Paul's way into Oregon sooner or later. KC sounds like a stretch...but maybe not.

Pretty sure my problem was the pickup coming out of the pump, on the way home I was trying to recall if I had tacked it in...or not. Probably not. Then I got to thinking about how many million of those GM had shoved into those pumps without a problem. Anyway, one more thing added to the project list. It was a pretty bad week, I must have done something to deserve all of that.

It was really great seeing the regulars, plus meeting up with Ken and his whole family. What a terrific bunch! Then, driving Dave's car the whole way down, running it as hard as it would go, and taking home all of the marbles.....almost sounds like a movie, but he earned it all.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
....and thanks Pat and Patty, you know what for. Over and above the call of duty!!!
d&m

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
On our way up the Oregon coast ! Had a super weekend, cant thank all of you enough for everything !!

Living the Good Life, on the beach in Oregon.....

Bill and Linda

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Here's a few pics of the winners this weekend, Ken, Daves brother and Joel, Was a great weekend of racing, food and fun.It was very cool that Ken drove all the way from another country and managed to kick our asses!!!!! Good for him, he has a very nice family and I hope they enjoyed the trip and all the sights along the way. Will post more pics soon. Pat

Attachments

• P8240169 (Small).JPG
    P8240169 (Small).JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 6
  • P8240172 (Small).JPG
    P8240172 (Small).JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 5

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Forgot one! One very very nice 58 Nomad wagon 348 tripower showed up for all to appreciate, owners Mike and Janice, cool people!!!

Attachments

• P8240161 (Small).JPG
    P8240161 (Small).JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 2

A1 NOMAD

Supporting Member 1
Hey Pat! Thanks for posting a picture of the Nomad. Janice and I had a great time. I sure hope we can do it again, maybe I'll even try a trip down the strip!