2014 Chevrolet SS

impalamike.com

Supporting Member 1
Chevy finally builds a full size, V8, rear wheel drive car. The only new car I have ever owned is a '96 Impala SS. Maybe they'll rename this the Impala SS, not just the SS.

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motora...sie-built-nascar-races-america-050213874.html

Powered by a version of the LS3 6.2-liter V-8 in the current Corvette, the SS will spring to 60 mph in less than five seconds thanks to 415 lb.-ft. of torque turning a six-speed automatic transmission. Based on the chassis that underpins the Camaro, the SS boasts several high-performance attributes — a 50/50 weight split front-to-rear, electronic suspension controls shared with the Camaro and Corvette and Bridgestone high-performance tires also found on the Ferrari California. The result, according to Chevy execs, is a five-passenger sedan with a luxury-car interior that can pull 0.9 gs of cornering force.

http://autos.yahoo.com/photos/2014-...90b3JhbWljBHB0A3N0b3J5cGFnZQR0ZXN0A2NvbnRyb2w-

just ONE MORE re-badged/contoured Holden Commodore ( was the Pontiac G8... now still the Cadillac )
GM North America, appears to be completely incapable of designing and building a practical, affordable, rear wheel drive car.

de31168

Well Known Member
Personally I like it except for one thing... get rid of this 4 door crap! I want a 2 door car damnit! 4 doors are for grandpas. I can't get excited over a high performance 4 door.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
These, are the ugly cars, that the tree huggers want, and buy.:barf:eek

61BISCAYNE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Looks just like every other cookie cutter sedan you see on the road these days. Like a friend if mine says...GM corporate needs to call in all the designers and ask the question, " Who all is responsible for the artistic design of this fine vehicle? Your FIRED!

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Looks like a Camry, amongst other ugly cars, which is not a compliment.

Don

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Built here in Adelaide.

Guess what in 3 years time we won't be building a rear wheel drive Commodore, they are changing to front wheel drive, so I guess it won't be that long before the US will be building your own version.

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Built here in Adelaide.

Guess what in 3 years time we won't be building a rear wheel drive Commodore, they are changing to front wheel drive, so I guess it won't be that long before the US will be building your own version.
Is that official Grub?
I heard some where that they were going to base the new Commodore on a front wheel drive POS from some where else but didnt think it was official yet?

Cheers

Steve

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Yeah, it's got a great powertrain and the suspension and brakes are also great. If they could put all that into a NICE LOOKING TWO DOOR, they might have something.
The Camaro is fine, the ZR1 model has 580hp. :deal http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro-zl1-sports-car.html?cmp=camarozl1_video_5&video=zl1thering
But what I'd rather see is something more like a modernized version of a Chevelle SS.

If you go thru the slide show there is a 2 door Nascar version .........:beer
Now let's sell that on Monday.......:rub.......with a man's transmission of course.......:cool:

:cheers
bj