2016 Fred Totten Memorial Shootout

Steve "wully bully"

Supporting Member 1
2016 Fred Totten Memorial Race will be held at Beaver Springs Dragway, July 9th and 10th, 2016, in conjunction with their York US 30 Nostalgia Nationals event. He is what is firm as of now, more details will be provided as they are confirmed.

Dates: Saturday July 9th and 10th.

Location: Beaver Springs Dragway, Benfer PA (is a tiny town located halfway between Selinsgrove PA and Lewistown, PA). This is an IHRA sanctioned 1/4 mile track. Camping is permitted at the track. They have race fuel available there.

Times: Gates open at 8:oo am (actually they never close, Beaver Bob lives there!)

Costs: Saturday it is $30 per car/driver to race, $15 per spectator/crew. Show cars pay spectator rate
Sunday it is $40 per car/driver to race, $20 per spectator/crew. Show cars again pay spectator rate

Activities: Saturday we will run the Fred Totten Memorial Shootout Race. This will be open to all 'W' powered cars. The track has Test and Tune open 10:00am-4:00pm. We will start the shootout later in the afternoon and run it into the evening. They will also be running a Gasser race, a Hemi shootout and a Nostalgia bracket race that day.
Sunday we will run in the Nostalgia race they run in conjunction with the York US30 Reunion event. It will feature Nostalgia Gassers, Nostalgia Super Stocks, and other nostalgia eliminators. Show cars are eligible for track provided awards. The track pays appearance money to Nostalgia Super Stocks, contact Beaver Bob for details and to be approved.

Hotels: We have rooms available at the Comfort Inn in Selinsgrove for $95 per night. Call 570-374-8880 and ask for the "Race Rate". There are other hotels in Selinsgrove if you wish, as follows. There is a big Monster Truck show in Bloomsburg the same weekend, which is not that far away, so hotel rooms are at a premium.

Other hotels: Econo Lodge, 570-743-1111
Golden Arrow, 570-743-1611
Hampton Inn, 570-743-2223
Phillips, 570-743-3100

We will have a designated parking area for our cars to be together, so we need a count to arrange that.

Thanks, Steven

Steve "wully bully"

Supporting Member 1
Harrisburg, PA (our state capital) is a little over an hour south. State College (home of Penn State University) is about an hour northwest. Philadelphia is 4 or so hours away, as is Baltimore and New York. ABE-Allentown is 1/2 hour from my house,if you fly there you can have free ground transportation (riding with us).

Thanks, Steven

alloy409

Well Known Member
Steven , Ron and I will be at York .. July 8 /9 but are coming to Beaver Springs on Sunday , I plan on racing and Ron will be showing , we will be there when the gate opens . Just like last year , thanks

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
62bubble and myself are hoping to drive down for Saturday. I'll bring my four door and he will have his '62 convertible for display, no racing for us.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Steve I have an open weekend and could bring the 62 up for the show only as it isn't that far from me. Any thoughts on trailer parking near the showfield? Maybe we can talk Tommy into bringing his 61 up there?
Robert

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I'm going to have to drop back to a maybe. I've got to put on a grad party July 23 and funds are getting tight anyone in the area is welcome to stop by

Steve "wully bully"

Supporting Member 1
Ok guys, now that Bowling Green NHRR is over, time to plan for this event. We need a fairly accurate car count to know how many spaces to save for race cars. There will be a separate show car area, and I would say Bob will have a parking area for trailers if you are towing your car for the show. This will be the second great 348-409 event of the summer, and will continue our Fred Totten Memorial Events.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I plan to be there Steven. If the car is gone before then I'll let you know right away. No solid prospects right now though.