2017 West Coast 348-409 Reunion/Shootout

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
We are having a great time and the weather is beautiful. We have a total of 10 cars, 7 racing and 3 showing. We have been a big hit here at the track. Those in attendance are; Butch Schultz (and family), Glenn Larson (and family) John and Angie Eastburn, Jodi Nuttall and Mom Linda Nuttall (and family) Dean Hogdin (and family) Joel Schneeweis and Lee, Dave and Marina Cummerow, Pat and Patti Aulton, Kim Thompson and myself.

Good racing on Saturday in the Nostalgia race 348-409 class with Joel and I in the final. I won in a close race. Today, Sunday, is the West Coast Shootout and the day is starting out clear skies and temps will be in the low 70's.

I am sure pictures will be coming soon.

Paul

Last edited:

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Great time and great group to hang out with! Butch and Glenn and families were great fun and Paul kept us all in line, sorta.

So I fired the driver and promoted the mechanic lol. I will never be a bracket racer. I did stomp a dent in the floor pan, however.

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Same format as Saturday. Jodi raced Ms Bella and Linda got to ride with him. She loved it. Final round was Dean and Joel. Everyone in the left lane had problems rolling out of the staging beam to include myself, Pat and Dean. Joel won. I told Danny he needs to get rid of the tiny hump in the staging beam. He admitted that when they had a stick shift racer earlier this summer those guys and gals were having the same problem. I will post pics and vids this weekend.
Paul

Thanks Everyone for making this a GREAT event.

johnnyriviera

Well Known Member
My wife Angie and I had a great time! Thanks to Paul for helping get this together. The car ran great, and once Paul told me to drive the car in qualifying as hard as I was in eliminations, I was running consistent high 11.80's. In the end I was I beat by my toughest opponent...me! Met a lot of great people that I hope to see again. I will never forget the huge smile on Linda's face after going down the track in Miss Bella! I too have a few pics that I will get posted in th next few days.

John & Angie Eastburn

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
We did have a great time, that is a great group to spend a weekend with. I wish we could have stayed to see Jodi and Linda make a run, that had to be the highlight of the weekend. I am very glad Jodi decided to join our little group and carry on the tradition.

On a personal note, while I can't do lights consistently, the car PR'ed with new best ET and 60' times so I feel like some of the work I had been doing is showing up. I need to go to the track a lot more!

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Your pictures from Photobucket do not work. It says to me that the account has to be updated to enable 3rd party hosting.
Paul