2018 HOLLEY NHRA Hot Rod Reunion Bowling Green 409 Shootout June 14-16

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
National Dragsters NHRA HotRod Reunion coverage was in this weeks issue. Apparently our 348/409 group wasn't even there. Not one mention of our winners or any of our group attending the event............
Someone in the NHRA does not like us. That is the only explanation. You would have to knowingly exclude the 409 cars on purpose being the number of us there. We need to dig deeper into this obvious snub.

mr348-409

Well Known Member
The NHRA Hot Rod Reunion was a fun event but NHRA could have a done better job with keeping their promises to the 409 group. I for one am disappointed in their business of putting on a event. I'm all in to have an event for the 409 group next year anywhere in the Midwest. I was runner up and didn't receive anything. Let NHRA know what you think of this.

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Plan on the Rock n Race at dragway 42 next year Ralph. I'm working with the track guy on something for next year ( 409 class or possibly a nostalgia super stock race with the 409's). Sorry you didn't get anything, I got screwed in the deal too and didn't get anything.

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I got my Nov/Dec 2018 issue of "Vintage Motorsport" magazine in the mail earlier this month and just got to reading the back part of it (it takes me a while to get thru all of the stories). It mostly covers vintage road racing which I follow, but they also have some other vintage automobile event coverage, including this year's Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green. The Nov/Dec 2018 issue (only published every 2 months) has a photo of the 348/409 final race with the Salt Shaker running against a '62 Chevy wagon of Tim Tassner. There is also a brief mention of the race ('a class run nowhere else"...) and James. Good show!

The magazine should still be on the store shelves. Check it out - Pages 122 - 124.
VM Cover.jpg
John