2019 Chevy z-71

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I have had my new z71 for a few weeks now.No more key,adjustable driving modes,and push button parking brake.The best change is the stainless exhaust tips integrated into the bumper.They did lose they bow tie on the tailgate though.All in all a pretty nice truck.96949123-795B-41E2-901A-2877B5B5E6A9.jpeg28F7670B-80D5-4DAB-B901-7DD9B7B0EA88.jpeg

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Got an LTZ this past weekend. Couldn't believe the low price they had on a few of these.
The LTZ is a really nice truck how do you like it.First thing to do is turn off the auto engine shutdown,then turn the driving mode knob to get the green flag lit up on the the dashboard.
The 2020’s are coming and they have a ton of 19’s so yes there are some really good deals going on now.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
My Ford lease was ending in a few months so I have been doing some extreme shopping of all 3, Ford, Dodge and Chevy. All the trucks were out of my price range for the things I would like to have once again. Namely power leather seats, V8, Sirius radio. Ford makes you move up to the platinum or Lariat to get leather, usually around $60K, Dodge is the Laramie, still $40ish and up. Chevy LTZ all I saw were in the low/mid 40's and up.
Fords Coyote 5.0 is the most powerful at 395hp +$2995. The hemi has 395hp but only with some electric motor assist otherwise 345hp Chevy 5.3 at 355hp. The Ford is the fastest since it's all alum body is the lightest. Saw a race comparison against the hemi and the Ford blew it's doors off, multiple times. I was set to get a Ford Sport, very nice but still cloth seats on sale at $40k. I actually went in to make the deal but they wouldn't give me the zero financing at that price so I walked. They did me a favor. That day I saw a local ad and saw LTZ's for $35381. Couldn't believe it. So I called and they said yes. So they had a black one, a white one and a blue one. I ended up at $35831 since one of the rebates I had to go up $500. I had never seen an LTZ for less then $42k before. I bought the Northsky blue.
5.3, black leather, heated/cooled front and rear power seats (crew cab) heated steering wheel, I laughed at that one but I have been using it the last two days. Power tailgate, lane assist, parking assist, built in trailer brake controller etc. THEY EVEN BOUGHT OUT MY FORD LEASE, PAID MY 6 REMAINING PAYMENTS AND THE RESIDuAL. Ford low balled me on it and offered $6k less
So I'm back to being a happy Chevy truck owner:cloud

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
36 for a ltz,you did very well,that’s what my lt was.Heated steering wheel is awesome.It is a must up here for the balmy winters in NH.
I think the tips are standard on the z71 and an option on others.I didn’t even realize they were offering them until after I had made the deal for the truck.I was reading the reviews after I got home and saw them.When I went back to pick up the truck I told the salesman I had to check something out before I signed any thing.We went out to the truck and he opened the door,I went to the back of the truck and said ok I’ll sign.He laughed and asked if I was looking for the tips.

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
In 2016, I was going to buy a used 2014 or 2015 Silverado. So my wife and I went and looked then she said let's go look at a new 2016 as the 2017 were coming out.

The dealer wanted all of the 2016's gone and we got a MSRP 54500.00 truck out the door tax, tag, title and transfer for 37,000.00 cheaper then a used 2014 or 2015.

They want the 2019's gone with the 2020's coming out.

Congratulations on your new purchase :drinking

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
It's funny how things have changed from years ago. Deals like above are a good thing considering how much the prices have increased over the years. I wouldn't be surprised if they're better deals than when I used to get a fleet discount. To get the fleet discount you just had to show 10-15 titles.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I am envious :).

In my family, the wifey gets the good (new or newer) car, I get to drive the castoff. This stems from the days when she ferried our two boys around and wanted the newest and safest vehicle. For a while that meant Volvo station wagons, then the ubiquitous minivan :(. So when she got the new car (my dime) I got whatever she used to drive. That allowed me the opportunity to purchase old Chevys like the ones we enjoy :).

My Dad always insisted that "if it went down in value over time, pay cash for it". That included the family car, vacations, etc. The only thing he borrowed against was our childhood home. Nowadays it's getting harder to save up the needed $$$ to buy that new car, but I'm trying to live up to that standard Dad set so long ago.

So I generally buy stuff like this:

1992 Chevy PU.jpg
She's a 1992 PU with 250,000 on her. Got it from the original owner who used her to haul his 1959 Chevy drag car to events.

If I ever complain to her, she always tells me that if I wanted a new truck I should sell some of the those "old cars" and get myself a new one. Not a chance!

TomK

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
My Ford lease was ending in a few months so I have been doing some extreme shopping of all 3, Ford, Dodge and Chevy. All the trucks were out of my price range for the things I would like to have once again. Namely power leather seats, V8, Sirius radio. Ford makes you move up to the platinum or Lariat to get leather, usually around $60K, Dodge is the Laramie, still $40ish and up. Chevy LTZ all I saw were in the low/mid 40's and up.
Fords Coyote 5.0 is the most powerful at 395hp +$2995. The hemi has 395hp but only with some electric motor assist otherwise 345hp Chevy 5.3 at 355hp. The Ford is the fastest since it's all alum body is the lightest. Saw a race comparison against the hemi and the Ford blew it's doors off, multiple times. I was set to get a Ford Sport, very nice but still cloth seats on sale at $40k. I actually went in to make the deal but they wouldn't give me the zero financing at that price so I walked. They did me a favor. That day I saw a local ad and saw LTZ's for $35381. Couldn't believe it. So I called and they said yes. So they had a black one, a white one and a blue one. I ended up at $35831 since one of the rebates I had to go up $500. I had never seen an LTZ for less then $42k before. I bought the Northsky blue.
5.3, black leather, heated/cooled front and rear power seats (crew cab) heated steering wheel, I laughed at that one but I have been using it the last two days. Power tailgate, lane assist, parking assist, built in trailer brake controller etc. THEY EVEN BOUGHT OUT MY FORD LEASE, PAID MY 6 REMAINING PAYMENTS AND THE RESIDuAL. Ford low balled me on it and offered $6k less
So I'm back to being a happy Chevy truck owner:cloud

What was the sticker price of the pickup?

Fuzz

MAGA

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I am envious :).

In my family, the wifey gets the good (new or newer) car, I get to drive the castoff. This stems from the days when she ferried our two boys around and wanted the newest and safest vehicle. For a while that meant Volvo station wagons, then the ubiquitous minivan :(. So when she got the new car (my dime) I got whatever she used to drive. That allowed me the opportunity to purchase old Chevys like the ones we enjoy :).

My Dad always insisted that "if it went down in value over time, pay cash for it". That included the family car, vacations, etc. The only thing he borrowed against was our childhood home. Nowadays it's getting harder to save up the needed $$$ to buy that new car, but I'm trying to live up to that standard Dad set so long ago.

So I generally buy stuff like this:

View attachment 76384
She's a 1992 PU with 250,000 on her. Got it from the original owner who used her to haul his 1959 Chevy drag car to events.

If I ever complain to her, she always tells me that if I wanted a new truck I should sell some of the those "old cars" and get myself a new one. Not a chance!

TomK

LOL, you have more money then all of us put together

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I am looking at a 2019 Silverado Crew cab listed at $53285 for - $37300 ( $ 15,985 off MSRP) to replace
my 2014 Crew Cab. It has 2 special towing packages, All star edition, safety package, convenience package II
This one is at least $ 4000 less than the other 2019‘s I have looked at. It does not have a LTZ console that I do not like.

my 2014 has been great, but the 2019 feels even better when I drove one last week.
Paul

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I have a 2018 LTZ Z71 1500 crew cab 6.5 ft box pretty much loaded. The 6.2 makes better mileage than my 2011 with 5.3. Cruzin 80+ on interstate it gets around 22. Pulling with open loaded car trailer it gets 14. I haven't pulled the enclosed trailer far enough to get a mileage check.

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I’m very happy with my 2019 GMC Sierra 4x4 Denali with the 6.2L & 10-speed trans. I get the same mileage as Ron. Set the cruise at 78 and go. Pulled my 62 Impala on my 24ft open trailer from Michigan to Ft. Benning then to Greensboro, NC and averaged 15 mpg. Then came the rest of the way home without the 62 & trailer and averaged 24 mpg On the truck computer.

Just started to look for a lowering kit, as the Denali is higher with the 22 inch wheels then I care for, so if the lowering kit works as it’s intended, I will be even happier. Just waiting for the vendor to answer my questions about it and if my auto-level will still work with it.

Dave

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I am happy for all you, with your new vehicles, and maybe a little envious. My wife and I for a while were purchasing new vehicles every 2 years or so. And yes, I would not mind replacing my Honda Accord, and my Silverado. I just don't want any payments, and I cannot afford to pay cash for them both right now. So for you that can I am happy for you. I am considering both slightly used ( very slightly ) What is stopping me, is I don't like some of the tech on some of the new vehicles. That includes lots of the hybrid stuff, ( ie. lots of money to maintain ) black boxes that for some reason the authorities have the rights to even though you own the vehicle, then all the safety stuff that may, or may not be beneficial, ( I only use mirrors as secondary as a life long motorcyclist )

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I am happy for all you, with your new vehicles, and maybe a little envious. My wife and I for a while were purchasing new vehicles every 2 years or so. And yes, I would not mind replacing my Honda Accord, and my Silverado. I just don't want any payments, and I cannot afford to pay cash for them both right now. So for you that can I am happy for you. I am considering both slightly used ( very slightly ) What is stopping me, is I don't like some of the tech on some of the new vehicles. That includes lots of the hybrid stuff, ( ie. lots of money to maintain ) black boxes that for some reason the authorities have the rights to even though you own the vehicle, then all the safety stuff that may, or may not be beneficial, ( I only use mirrors as secondary as a life long motorcyclist )

I think with all of the incentives you'll be amazed at buying a 2019 with the 2020 out vs a used truck and even beat the used 2019 as most sellers and dealers want the same as a new 2019 or more. As I stated above I couldn't believe we got the 2016 for 37K out the door.

It also has running boards on it, I just had too bring it back after the sale for installation.

346.jpg

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I have a 2018 LTZ Z71 1500 crew cab 6.5 ft box pretty much loaded. The 6.2 makes better mileage than my 2011 with 5.3. Cruzin 80+ on interstate it gets around 22. Pulling with open loaded car trailer it gets 14. I haven't pulled the enclosed trailer far enough to get a mileage check.

Ron
At 70+ mph with my enclosed car trailer or my much lighter enclosed shooting trailer I get around 8.5 mpg with the 6.2. I'd bet the shooting trailer is at least 3,500# lighter. When I came back from Fugate's with my car I bucked a heavy duty wind all day .....6.5mpg

A little bitch about GM. I had to get the front end alinged after only 50k miles on my 2018. I hear they are weak??? In my other life I probably had well over 20 fords and Never had an alignment problem.

38Chevy

Well Known Member
The other day My wife asked me why I didn’t buy a new truck. I told her I have the best truck there is. One that’s paid for. My ‘03 GMC only has 130K on the clock and I just put new tires on it so I gotta drive it at least 50,000 more miles. Maybe then I’ll reconsider. After driving my old cars that are worth more each year it’s hard to go buy something that may depreciate as much as 10K in a year.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I’m very happy with my 2019 GMC Sierra 4x4 Denali with the 6.2L & 10-speed trans. I get the same mileage as Ron. Set the cruise at 78 and go. Pulled my 62 Impala on my 24ft open trailer from Michigan to Ft. Benning then to Greensboro, NC and averaged 15 mpg. Then came the rest of the way home without the 62 & trailer and averaged 24 mpg On the truck computer.

Just started to look for a lowering kit, as the Denali is higher with the 22 inch wheels then I care for, so if the lowering kit works as it’s intended, I will be even happier. Just waiting for the vendor to answer my questions about it and if my auto-level will still work with it.

Dave
Dave.....when I got my 2016HD crewcab, it was too high for me also. Afraid I'd wear off the outside edge of the driver's seat. So I had installed a set of "electric" running boards!!!! Love them!!!!!!!! Plus I get to keep the height for not so nice roads.
Highly recommend Amp Research running boards.