2020 Corvette introduction

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Just watched in 2020 Corvette (mid engine) introduction on the Internet.
Good looking vehicle with a lot of new interventions.
Zero to 60 in 3-seconds.
Base price $60,000.
Would love to have one, but I’m not built to get into or get out of one.
I’ll stay with my 62 Impala & 2019 GMC Sierra.

Dave

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Not to be negative, Ive been a Corvette owner since I graduated from high school in 1962, but this is the end of the line for me. Just looks like any other European sports car to me and I aint a fan of them. But to each his own

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I like it! And I was surprised at the $60k base price, but I understand that a non-traditional Corvette will not sit well with a lot of people. Many of the members (a majority) of my Corvette club have expressed their dislike of the new design/engine placement/lack of a manual trans option/rear tail lights/etc, but they also hated the C7 when it was first released.
I'll bet a mid-engine Corvette with the performance of a supercar and a price tag of $60k is scaring the crap out of Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche sales people.
John

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Not to be negative, Ive been a Corvette owner since I graduated from high school in 1962, but this is the end of the line for me. Just looks like any other European sports car to me and I aint a fan of them. But to each his own
I agree completely with tommy. American cars in the past could be mistaken for no others in the world in their style. Why do you think vintage American cars are prized possessions around the world. This new Vette although a marvel in engineering is just another cookie cutter European style. Put it in a lineup of European sports cars and you couldn't pick out the Vette.

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
New stuff, there's '"no-car" that pay's more tribute to its racing bones like a "mopar " for us :>) We (US muscle cars) took back the title of the fastest production 0-60 car, 2.3 seconds!! Faster than any foo-foo car, and THE Crown for the 1/4 mile title, USA BABY.... Like driving a rocket powered couch, ha! Has heated steering wheel and cooling seats :>) Still, nothing is a substitute for a 409...

Quick clip of jeanne and i trying to figure it out, ha!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 7

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
The opening on the quarter panel might have to grow on me ,otherwise not to bad . After all, it is a Corvette.