220 single phase to 3 phase help needed

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Im not to sure but I'm in Australia and we have 240v single phase. so i need to have single phase in to 3 phase out but not to sure how much would be needed volts wise out 3 phase. it needs to power the whole machine as is. sorry confusing. I want to buy of eBay as live 3 hours from any shops one way. so if any one can give me a link here on eBay what i should be looking for I would be so grateful. Thanks every one. Nick

Nick we've been trying to help you with the balancer. Is your issue the balancer is 3 phase and you only have a single phase power source? If that your issue you need a phase converter. Here in the states it's very rare too have 3 phase in a resident property as 3 phase is mostly in commerical power sourcs only. I've only seen 3 phase in a residents one time. I was doing a HVAC changeout and when I went too the customers home, I told him your unit is 3 phase and we both were surprised he had 3 phase power coming into his home. It wasn't an issue as I only needed two legs from his 3 phase for the new HVAC too work properly. If the above is your issue again single phase to 3 phase you need a phase converter.

https://www.phoenixphaseconverters.com/Phase-Converters.php

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
https://www.phoenixphaseconverters.com/Phase-Converters-Panels.php

Phase Converter Panels Industrial Duty - Totally Enclosed Fan Cooled - Phase Converter Panels are Built in Phoenix Arizona, Phoenix Rotary Phase Converter Delivery Precision Balanced 3-phase Voltage from a Single Phase Power Supply.

STANDARD OPTION - Totally Enclosed Fan Cooled, great for outdoors, woodworking shops, metal working shops, dirty or dusty enviroments.

Nickgc123

Well it is 3 phase and all three phases have too be connected to the terminals as all three legs control something with the controls where I have the three red dots below the supplied powered to the unit. The red circle I have in the middle of the drawing are those fuses and if yes have you checked them? Also if the prior owner put a single phase motor in the unit the 3rd leg that would be going too the 3 phase motor would be terminated with that said the unit probably only goes in one direction and not forward and backward. When I mentioned 80 (80 series unit) as there is a few 80 models. Also when you checking things electrical unless your experienced make sure you have no power applied and the unit unplugged or disconnected again unless your experienced with electric. Hope this helps Ted
View attachment 63817
Hi here is a better schematic pic hope its better thanks all again.

Attachments

• P8300003.JPG
    P8300003.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 8

Nickgc123

Well it is 3 phase and all three phases have too be connected to the terminals as all three legs control something with the controls where I have the three red dots below the supplied powered to the unit. The red circle I have in the middle of the drawing are those fuses and if yes have you checked them? Also if the prior owner put a single phase motor in the unit the 3rd leg that would be going too the 3 phase motor would be terminated with that said the unit probably only goes in one direction and not forward and backward. When I mentioned 80 (80 series unit) as there is a few 80 models. Also when you checking things electrical unless your experienced make sure you have no power applied and the unit unplugged or disconnected again unless your experienced with electric. Hope this helps Ted
View attachment 63817
here is a better picture

Attachments

• P8300003.JPG
    P8300003.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 4

Nickgc123

Let's back up, take a picture of the data plate and attach. The 85 is already a 3 phase according too the drawing you attached. I cannot read all the components on the drawing as it's too small and when I expand the drawing it's too distorted. It would be nice if you could blow it up and i could read it too see what the part is in the bottom left corner and what actually controls the 3 phase motor. Have you actually hooked up Green ground and L1, L2 and L3 to the terminal block and does the 85 power up? And do you have any info as too why the prior owner installed a single phase motor? As I mentioned above only 1 wire would be terminated from the orignal 3 phase motor and the single phase motor should've rotated. If you bought a VFD you would have too eliminate all the controls and wire it into the 85 according to the VFD wiring diagram just too control the 3 phase motor and none of the other controls would work. If you tied the input power and everything does power up just install the 3 phase motor according too the drawing you can read and see if it works.

http://www.hofmann-global.com/en/index.html
Ive attached more files if it helps . Sorry for the delay Ive had an acident and ended up in hospital. Nick

Attachments

• P8300003.JPG
    P8300003.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 7
  • P9140009.JPG
    P9140009.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 9
  • P9140010.JPG
    P9140010.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 8