Iowa409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Wow-----------10-15K$$$
judging by the condition, you do not even know if it has any cracks or issues, big gamble.

$300 more than fair, your going to replace everything anyway. IF the block is good, common sense tells ya if it was stored in the attic, it must have been worth keeping??? Who stores engines in the attic, lol

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Wow-----------10-15K$$$
judging by the condition, you do not even know if it has any cracks or issues, big gamble.

$300 more than fair, your going to replace everything anyway. IF the block is good, common sense tells ya if it was stored in the attic, it must have been worth keeping??? Who stores engines in the attic, lol
I put a 65 409 block in my upstairs garage man cave then assembled from there and it was up there a few years before I tore it back down and slid it down my stairs then rebuilt it and now she is a running spare engine sitting on my shelf

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I have another question for you guys. I was over at the Tri-Five Chevy forum and was asking if my 2.02 fuelie heads would hit the block on this 283 and the views are mixed, some say the intake valve would hit the block and some said they won't hit. What do you guys think?

Mark

Reactions: 327

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Yes they will but the valves are badly shrouded.Not worth it[just because you can doesn't mean that y ou should] A better omco would be 1.94 in. -1.60 ex.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Yes they will but the valves are badly shrouded.Not worth it[just because you can doesn't mean that y ou should] A better omco would be 1.94 in. -1.60 ex.

The motor I pulled out of the 55 had 461 heads on it with 1.94 intakes, and they were made in 1965 just like my 2.02's I think I'll work with these then, thanks Jack.

Mark