2gc carb

iaco59

Well Known Member
Has any body ran 3 2gc instead of 1 2gc and two dumpers. WHY? WHY NOT? Im sure if i search the threads i would find a answer this seams easer
gary

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
If you're talking about a tripower setup, I ran that on both my sbc and Pontiac engines when I was younger. I guess I don't really have an answer to your question, because we always ran factory carbs./setups. What does come to mind though, wouldn't it be difficult to adjust the air/fuel mixture on each one?? Would the adjustment of one carb. have an influence on the next one; how the motor runs/idles?? I believe the internals of the end carbs. are also different then the center carb. Can't tell you how though. Maybe designed to just dump the fuel?? Must be a reason why GM did it that way, Carmine.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
If this will help, I think I've seen just the non adjustable 2gc bases on Speedway. Not cheap but might be worth it, Carmine.

Clint

Well Known Member
You probably could make it work but it would never work as well as a proper three two setup. Not worth the effort. To many reasons it wouldn't work properly to list.
Mine worked fine. But you are right it didn't work as well as the correct setup I have now. I had to weld different carb ears on and ran all three off of the driver's side.

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
The front and rear carbs close tightly on both Pontiac and Chevy applications and the center carb dispensed all idle fuel. They closed as tightly on the end carbs as the secondaries of a four barrel. Any air admitted to the ends of the intake from those points would result in a very lean condition that the center carb might not be able to compensate for.

iaco59

Well Known Member
thanks to everybody response. my original set up works fine but i was just thinking that when the dumpers open up and dump fuel , the air fuel ratio couldnt be right but i guess rpm compensate for it.???? While i'm here i have another question. Is there a formula as to HP,trans gear ratio that would determine what gearing should be in the rear?

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Speaking just for myself, I don't know of any formula although there could be one. I usually think about what I am going to do with the car. Strip? Street? Cruise? Show? Combo of some? How was the HP built? What camshaft are you using? Are there certain requirements of that camshaft such as headers, CR, stall speed if auto, close or wide ratio 4 speed, rear gear ratio? I think the situation is as individual as the car itself, although there are certain parameters that you will probably want to maintain. Just my opinion, Carmine.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
As for the air/fuel ratio,that's what they make jets for.The gearing will depend on intended use,and engine build perameters,as Carmine posted.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
thanks to everybody response. my original set up works fine but i was just thinking that when the dumpers open up and dump fuel , the air fuel ratio couldnt be right but i guess rpm compensate for it.???? While i'm here i have another question. Is there a formula as to HP,trans gear ratio that would determine what gearing should be in the rear?

Wallace Race Calculator