2nd Amendment Attack Continues

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15

From the Iowa Firearms Coalition. The best State organization we have here in Iowa. YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHIN YET........................

Dear Dave Coots,

ATF, in an effort to please the incoming Biden Administration, is beginning their assault on our rights. ATF is attempting to reclassify perfectly legal pistol braces and the weapons in which they’re affixed as NFA weapons, necessary of registration. Why all of a sudden is a practical and legal Title I firearm and the accessory you have attached to it being considered an NFA item? Why the attempt to force us to register the weapon, and ourselves, with the federal government or face a felony?
This is the beginning folks. We must make our voices heard. There are several things we need from you. Begin by clicking the link provided that directs you to the IFC Action Center. The message you can generate there in seconds alerts the White House and your House Representatives and Senators to this egregious regulatory overreach. If you’ve got a full head of steam, call the White House phone (202) 456-1111, and email the President president@whitehouse.gov in an effort to push back this massive registration scheme.
There is another vital engagement we need from you. Follow the link to the “Federal Register” where ATF takes comments until January 4th, 2021 and tell them why this is wrong. If you show them general disgust, which is a reasonable response, it unfortunately doesn’t move the needle. They need to know specific complaints so they can categorize them. We’re asking you to bite your lip and equal your disdain with respectful comments. This is a tall order, we realize, but helpful for the time being. Below is an example paragraph you’re welcome to copy and paste if you’d rather:
“The factors identified by the ATF (ATF 2020R-10) for its possible use in classification include type, caliber, weight and length, how the gun is marketed, length of pull, sights and scopes, peripheral accessories mounted, and rear surface area of the brace, among others. While the factors listed are arbitrary and open-ended, the truly onerous part of the proposal is that no definitions of the factors are provided.
The grotesque inadequacies of this document render this “guidance” worse than meaningless. By stating that “no single factor or combination of factors is necessarily dispositive,” the regulated public is left guessing. Which calibers are ok? What is the weight or length of pull limit? What accessories can be mounted on a pistol? This is a complete failure of defined criteria, offers no direction to the public all at their risk, and constitutes a “we’ll know it when we see it” approach to applying rules backed by the threat of felony arrest resulting in prison sentences and fines.”
USE the narrative above or your own. There is a small green box “Submit a Formal Comment” at the top right hand corner of the page: FEDERAL REGISTER RE: ATF 2020R-10
ACT NOW! GET ENGAGED!
Make no mistake. This is how it starts. This is a test case for banning common sporting arms like the AR15 and accessories like 30rd magazines. Once ATF decides to randomly reclassify weapons and accessories there is no end…

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
This is a foot in the door to document what you have so when it comes time for confiscation they know just what you have :finger

They already know from the your background checks Jeff if you buy a complete working firearm. I do believe that they're suppose to get rid of this information after a few months aren't they at least that's my understanding but I never believed it though ? I wonder what they're going to do when it comes time to figure out what you have if you build your own because a plain receiver is lister as other on the background check.

Mark

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
They already know from the your background checks Jeff if you buy a complete working firearm. I do believe that they're suppose to get rid of this information after a few months aren't they at least that's my understanding but I never believed it though ? I wonder what they're going to do when it comes time to figure out what you have if you build your own because a plain receiver is lister as other on the background check.

Mark
Mark they don't know from the background checks what you bought, the only thing they know from these checks is that a handgun, long gun, or other firearm was transferred to you on a given date. The FFL or dealer is the one who keeps that 4473 form for 20 years with all the particulars of the firearm that was transferred to you.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Mark they don't know from the background checks what you bought, the only thing they know from these checks is that a handgun, long gun, or other firearm was transferred to you on a given date. The FFL or dealer is the one who keeps that 4473 form for 20 years with all the particulars of the firearm that was transferred to you.

What do you suppose would happen if my FFL pulled a Hitlery on all his records and did the bleach bit routine on them would the BATF give him the same courtesy as they gave to Hitlery?:D

Mark

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15

Sure, and they WILL access those 4473 forms Steve. They will know EXACTLY what and who to every REGISTERED firearm is owned by. Who will stop them??? The Biden administration???

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
A dealer is required by federal law to maintain those records (form 4473) for 20 years, after that they can destroy them. Also the only ones that can request that info is the ATF, no local law enforcement has the authority to view those records.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Well here you go firearm owners.:finger But what's Dum Dum Jackson gonna do about inner city killing how's she gonna police those? You know BLM won't let her Dik with all the Bros doing all the killing I suppose whoever gets fined will be paid by KamalToe Harris's bail bondsman in turn is paid by the US taxpayer!!

Mark

Last edited: