2x4

jester

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I went to a swap meet in Bristol, Ct. on Sunday. I found a 2 X 4 manifold with the casting number 3814881. I bought it for $100.00. It's not in the best shape but I think it will clean up well. Anyone know what carbs will fit and are there any pics of the linkage around.

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
carbs

The correct carbs are the 3361S and 3362S. Front carb has no idle adjustments, or choke. The rear carb has both. There is also a 3408 carb that will work in the rear. this was a 64 carb, and it suppossedly idles a little leaner. These are the original carbs. There are new carbs that will work, but I'm not up on them. I'm sure someone else in here can help if they are what you want.

Fred

jester

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
carbs

Thanks Fred. The guy I bought the manifold from had two carbs .
He wanted $400 for the front one. I didn't ask about the back. They both needed rebuilding. I think I will wait to see what else will fit. Thank again for the help

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
carbs

A good set of correct carbs will run any where from $600-800 dollars. Not sure about the aftermarket stuff. I'm gonna open a can of worms here, but I think the AFB style is the better choice. To me, they are easier to tune. And, no power valve to blow out. No leaks from the float bowls. Cleaner. Better stop now

Fred

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
SS,,,I agree about the AFB`s ! Im running the Edelbrocks and at first I didn`t know a thing about them but found them easy to understand and tune. They also are problem free as a carb can be. I`ve installed them on several cars with out ever haveing to retune them and they always start and idle great out of the box!
As far as linkage goes you can find the progressive linkage at any good parts house or make your own like I did,,,dq

Too see a photo of my linkage go to the "dual quad" post